Traffic accidents on 235 south of LP City

TPD

the poor dad
Unlike my previous thread, this is life threatening and I have talked to St Mary’s County Sheriff’s department about this. In the last 6-8 weeks we have had 2 traffic deaths on Rt 235 from Hermanville Road to Ridge. I see another accident has happened this evening involving 3 cars according to the BayNet, though it doesn’t appear to be any fatalities. These accidents are happening in a rural area on straight stretches of road. This shouldn’t be happening here. As much as I don’t want to see radar enforcement in God’s country, something needs to be done as I have expressed to the sheriff’s office. As a resident who travels this stretch of road everyday, I have started traveling Rt 5 more and have encouraged my family members to do the same.

Unlike the 4 mile stretch from gate 2 to Rt 4, the deputies should not feel like they are as in much danger patrolling south of Lexington Park.

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/1117/multivehiclecrashreportedonthreenotchroad.html

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, radar enforcement, not sure what that's going to do. People aren't crashing due to speed, are they? Failure to yield, distracted driving, just plain poor driving, I see it all on my commute from down near the college to Gate 3. I routinely also go a bit south so I can enjoy the view at the college and the drive down Mattpany. It's a shi#show. agreed. But you need to deter the behaviors that are causing the crashes, and "Aint nobody got time for dat".

TPD

the poor dad
Well, radar enforcement, not sure what that's going to do. People aren't crashing due to speed, are they? Failure to yield, distracted driving, just plain poor driving, I see it all on my commute from down near the college to Gate 3. I routinely also go a bit south so I can enjoy the view at the college and the drive down Mattpany. It's a shi#show. agreed. But you need to deter the behaviors that are causing the crashes, and "Aint nobody got time for dat".

Though speed may not have contributed to the accidents I mentioned, speed is an issue on this stretch of road. I will set my cruise control at 57-58 and still get passed - sometimes on the shoulder! Yes I have been passed on the shoulder doing 55mph+. My belief is just a regular police presence will change driving habits. I know that I pay attention to my driving while on Rt 4 from Prince Frederick to Solomons. 50-75% of the time I travel that stretch I will see at least 1 cop running traffic patrol. GMR where it changes from 40 to 35 - another honey pot for radar patrol, especially for state police. Do something- anything.

glhs837

Power with Control
But the speed isnt the safety issue, it's the pass. Instead of sitting there doing radar, which they have done recently as two weeks ago, BTW, just driving around in unmarked cars watching and citing people making those unsafe passses would make a larger difference. Doing anything is never as effective as doing the right thing.

3CATSAILOR

Unlike my previous thread, this is life threatening and I have talked to St Mary’s County Sheriff’s department about this. In the last 6-8 weeks we have had 2 traffic deaths on Rt 235 from Hermanville Road to Ridge. I see another accident has happened this evening involving 3 cars according to the BayNet, though it doesn’t appear to be any fatalities. These accidents are happening in a rural area on straight stretches of road. This shouldn’t be happening here. As much as I don’t want to see radar enforcement in God’s country, something needs to be done as I have expressed to the sheriff’s office. As a resident who travels this stretch of road everyday, I have started traveling Rt 5 more and have encouraged my family members to do the same.

Unlike the 4 mile stretch from gate 2 to Rt 4, the deputies should not feel like they are as in much danger patrolling south of Lexington Park.

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/1117/multivehiclecrashreportedonthreenotchroad.html

First and foremost, we need to pray for those who have been injured or killed. As for believing one road is less dangerous than other, this could not be the further from the truth. Those that wish to drive while distracted will kill you just as easily on Route 5 as Route 235. I know. I have had several of them come head on in to me several times. So far, I had room to escape. As you know this has been an on going problem in our County for quite some time. I have written many threads about the accidents in our County. I have also seen several people write letters to the Editor of the Enterprise about the continued accidents in our County. Hopefully things will get better in the future.

First and foremost, we need to pray for those who have been injured or killed. As for believing one road is less dangerous than other, this could not be the further from the truth. Those that wish to drive while distracted will kill you just as easily on Route 5 as Route 235. I know. I have had several of them come head on in to me several times. So far, I had room to escape. As you know this has been an on going problem in our County for quite some time. I have written many threads about the accidents in our County. I have also seen several people write letters to the Editor of the Enterprise about the continued accidents in our County. Hopefully things will get better in the future.

Praying ain't gonna help, sorry to tell you.

Baker12

Yikes that was a horrible crash, speed was definitely a factor. I got pulled over right near St Inigoes General Store on 235 by a cop going opposite direction about a month ago. I was going 60. Officer was nice enough and gave me a warning.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
race.jpg
:confused: I thought this thread was about driving, not cross dressers taking off their clothes.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yikes that was a horrible crash, speed was definitely a factor. I got pulled over right near St Inigoes General Store on 235 by a cop going opposite direction about a month ago. I was going 60. Officer was nice enough and gave me a warning.

Maybe not, two cars each doing the 50mph limit in opposite directions can look like that. And citing you for 60 in a 50 is pretty cheeseball. Unless he clocked you at say 62 and wrote 60. :)