As Medical Cannabis Nears, Bill Could Boost Minorities' Stake

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: As Medical Cannabis Nears, Bill Could Boost Minorities' Stake

Date: 11-13-2017 10:58 AM

Summary: Racial diversity in the state's medical marijuana industry is wanting, and some lawmakers said they are planning to introduce a bill early next session to grant licenses to African-American business owners.

Click here for the full story...

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It's time the government got out of the racial division business. We are either all equal or we are not. Pick a side already.

Using the NAACP's logic, the University of Maryland's football & basketball teams should be 2/3rds caucasians players.

Hijinx

It's time the government got out of the racial division business. We are either all equal or we are not. Pick a side already.

Using the NAACP's logic, the University of Maryland's football & basketball teams should be 2/3rds caucasians players.

Gotta have those quota's man. Gotta look out for the perpetually offended.

Chris0nllyn

A "compassionate use fund" will be part of the legislation in order to make medical marijuana affordable for patients in Maryland. The fund will be financed based on the fees that licensees in the industry must pay, Glenn said.

I'm all for medical (and recreational) marijuana legalization, but this is the one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard.

And for anyone who thinks govt. can do things better than the free market:
Maryland is considered to have one of the slowest medical cannabis rollouts in the nation, hampered by several delays that arose during the four-year process since it was legalized.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I'm all for medical (and recreational) marijuana legalization, but this is the one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard.

And for anyone who thinks govt. can do things better than the free market:

I don't think anyone here is under that misconception.