Walmarts $7.5 million dollar watermelon

Misfit

Lawful neutral
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...7-5-million/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.d74115696777

Army veteran Henry Walker was trying to buy a watermelon at a Walmart in Alabama when his foot got stuck in a wooden pallet. When he turned, the 59-year-old fell, breaking his hip.

Walker sued Walmart over the 2015 incident, and an Alabama jury has ruled that he should be awarded $7.5 million.

“You don’t expect to go into a grocery store walking fine on your two feet and come out on a stretcher,” Walker’s attorney Shaun O’Hara told AL.com.

Toxick

Splat
Last week I made some toast.

It wasn't bad.

A little too lightly toasted for my taste, but it was OK.

I put butter on it.

Unfortunately (for the Industrial Ladder & Supply Co. - you'll see why momentarily), I dropped a little butter on the floor, and then I stepped on it, getting into the treads of my workboots and turning the sole into a surface that resembled Teflon coated ice.

FutureMrsToxick, subsequently reminded me that our gutters were full, and needed some cleaning. I broke out the ladder, following all the instructions and angling the ladder precisely as they indicate on the side of the ladder. First step I fell backwards like Fred Flintstone stepping on a banana peel. The phrase ass-over-tincups went through my mind just as I landed on my hip sending thunder and lightening up and down my sciatic nerve.

I reckon the pain is at least 15.3 million dollars.

Any lawyers in here interested in making a couple bucks?

Hijinx

I guess I will catch hell for this, but I think 7.5 Million dollars for being stupid enough to walk on a wooden pallet is much too much money.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I guess I will catch hell for this, but I think 7.5 Million dollars for being stupid enough to walk on a wooden pallet is much too much money.
This is nothing new.

For decades courts have been making stupid people rich at companies expense. It's another lottery.

glhs837

Power with Control
You get medical, you get lost wages, maybe, depending on how stupid you were. That's it.

Grumpy

This is nothing new.

For decades courts have been making stupid people rich at companies expense. It's another lottery.

It's all for the economy, the courts know they will put all that money right back into the economy within 2 or 3 years.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Last week I made some toast.

It wasn't bad.

A little too lightly toasted for my taste, but it was OK.

I put butter on it.

Unfortunately (for the Industrial Ladder & Supply Co. - you'll see why momentarily), I dropped a little butter on the floor, and then I stepped on it, getting into the treads of my workboots and turning the sole into a surface that resembled Teflon coated ice.

FutureMrsToxick, subsequently reminded me that our gutters were full, and needed some cleaning. I broke out the ladder, following all the instructions and angling the ladder precisely as they indicate on the side of the ladder. First step I fell backwards like Fred Flintstone stepping on a banana peel. The phrase ass-over-tincups went through my mind just as I landed on my hip sending thunder and lightening up and down my sciatic nerve.

I reckon the pain is at least 15.3 million dollars.

Any lawyers in here interested in making a couple bucks?

If the ladder company can tie in that butter from your kitchen experience was still on the bottom of your shoe, then you have no case. Better delete your post just in case......:lmao:

Last edited:

Toxick

Splat
If the ladder company can tie in that butter from your kitchen experience was still on the bottom of your shoe, then you have no case. Better delete your post just in case......:lmao:

I dunno, the message I got from the original post is that you can now successfully sue a big company for your own clumsiness and stupidity.

glhs837

Power with Control
Papaya.......nothing else, I just like to say papaya and reminisce about RoadRunner cartoons :)

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I dunno, the message I got from the original post is that you can now successfully sue a big company for your own clumsiness and stupidity.

I get that "sue anybody for anything mentality" today, but my thrust was that all the manufacturers/corporations lawyers will do anything they can, and rightfully so, to try and place or deflect the blame toward the allegedly wronged party.