Most Liberal City In Virginia To See Increases In Obamacare Premiums As High As 247%

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Most Liberal City In Virginia To See Increases In Obamacare Premiums As High As 247%

One resident now pays $988 a month; next year that'll be $3,158

Charlottesville, Va., home to Thomas Jefferson’s University of Virginia, is one of the most liberal cities in America.

How liberal: In 2016, 79.7% of the vote went for Hillary Clinton. President Trump got just 2,960 votes in a city with a population of nearly 50,000.

So it's the perfect place for Obamacare to implode.

City residents who don't qualify for federal subsidies will see their premiums go up anywhere from 195% to 247% next year, according to the city's hometown paper, The Daily Progress.

In a piece headlined "The Coverage Gap," the paper notes that Albemarle County, which voted for Hillary 59-33, will also see the dramatic increases.

Most people — about 70 percent of those on individual plans — will see rate increases absorbed by government subsidies, and some may even see lower premiums. The highest increases primarily affect the self-employed who make more than 400 percent of the poverty level — or $47,520 for an individual.

The subsidy cliff falls particularly hard on the Charlottesville area’s entrepreneurial community, where the 2018 premiums are forcing difficult conversations about money, careers and even moving out of the region.

:jet:

Hijinx

One resident now pays $988 a month; next year that'll be $3,158

Charlottesville, Va., home to Thomas Jefferson’s University of Virginia, is one of the most liberal cities in America.

How liberal: In 2016, 79.7% of the vote went for Hillary Clinton. President Trump got just 2,960 votes in a city with a population of nearly 50,000.

So it's the perfect place for Obamacare to implode.

City residents who don't qualify for federal subsidies will see their premiums go up anywhere from 195% to 247% next year, according to the city's hometown paper, The Daily Progress.

In a piece headlined "The Coverage Gap," the paper notes that Albemarle County, which voted for Hillary 59-33, will also see the dramatic increases.

Most people — about 70 percent of those on individual plans — will see rate increases absorbed by government subsidies, and some may even see lower premiums. The highest increases primarily affect the self-employed who make more than 400 percent of the poverty level — or $47,520 for an individual.

The subsidy cliff falls particularly hard on the Charlottesville area’s entrepreneurial community, where the 2018 premiums are forcing difficult conversations about money, careers and even moving out of the region.

:jet:

So if you make $47,520 dollar a year your insurance doubles.or triples.
Now $47,520 dollars is nothing to sneeze at I guess, but it is in no way a rich man's salary
Now take an insurance rate of 3,158 dollar a month times 12 comes somewhere in the neighborhood of $37,896 dollars

If you take $37,896 dollars from 47,520 you end up making about $10,000 dollars a year, and Obama just put you at poverty level.
So what do you do? In order to eat and buy gas to get to work you drop your insurance,

WTF difference does it make you can't find a doctor out there who can see you in less than a month anyway.

Thank you Obama

littlelady

God bless the USA
Now $47,520 dollars is nothing to sneeze at I guess, but it is in no way a rich man's salary
Now take an insurance rate of 3,158 dollar a month times 12 comes somewhere in the neighborhood of $37,896 dollars

If you take $37,896 dollars from 47,520 you end up making about $10,000 dollars a year, and Obama just put you at poverty level.
So what do you do? In order to eat and buy gas to get to work you drop your insurance,

WTF difference does it make you can't find a doctor out there who can see you in less than a month anyway.

Thank you Obama

That’s a big wow! Again, I say people should be careful of what they wish/vote for, and then some.

Chris0nllyn

Thank you Obama

Incorrect.

For a single, 21 year old adult living in Charlottesville, VA making $47,520 per year, monthly premiums would be $379 per month for a Silver Plan (or $189 for a Bronze Plan) because, as the story pointed out, subsidies exist. The hypothetical person would receive a $439 per month tax credit so that medical insurance expenses are capped below 10% of their income (9.56% to be exact).

Out-of-Pocket limit for a Silver Plan is $7,350.

Catastrophic coverage is also available to those eligible people under 30 years old.

It's a very complicated (and horrible) system, but not quite as cut and dry as you make it seem.

Hijinx

Incorrect.

For a single, 21 year old adult living in Charlottesville, VA making $47,520 per year, monthly premiums would be $379 per month for a Silver Plan (or $189 for a Bronze Plan) because, as the story pointed out, subsidies exist. The hypothetical person would receive a $439 per month tax credit so that medical insurance expenses are capped below 10% of their income (9.56% to be exact).

Out-of-Pocket limit for a Silver Plan is $7,350.

Catastrophic coverage is also available to those eligible people under 30 years old.

It's a very complicated (and horrible) system, but not quite as cut and dry as you make it seem.

I didn't look into it as far as you did obviously. I just used the figures supplied in the Post.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I didn't look into it as far as you did obviously. I just used the figures supplied in the Post.

You should know better than to trust anything from a Leftist news rag like the Compost.

Chris0nllyn

This is common knowledge and pointed out in the very article you got your numbers from. The number you used is the 400% poverty line used to determine subsidies.

You should know better than to trust anything from a Leftist news rag like the Compost.

The article is from the Dailywire, which quotes from a local paper. Nothing about the Washington Post.