Dreams Of Mass Gun Confiscations

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
And as always happens, the usual list of suspects begins proposing the same old solutions which wouldn’t have done anything to stop the guy. (Though in this case, we have at least learned about problems in the military reporting system for disciplinary action which may be helpful.) But the various partial bans and paperwork traps aren’t going to affect most of these worst case scenarios.

That doesn’t apply to quite everyone, though. Enter David Scharfenberg, editorial writer for the Boston Globe. He’s got a plan to suggest which would actually change the world. (Or at least the country.) David bravely admits that an “assault weapon” ban only applies to a tiny sliver of gun crimes and more background checks won’t impact all of the guns currently in circulation, both legal and illegal. From there he boldly steps forward to suggest what most of the Democrats are probably already thinking but don’t have the spine to say aloud. In a column simply titled, Hand Over Your Weapons, David proposes just that: a massive confiscation program.

The logic of gun control lies, at bottom, in substantially reducing the number of deadly weapons on the street — and confiscation is far and away the most effective approach. Is there any conceivable turn of events in our politics that could make confiscation happen? And what would a mass seizure look like?

One Starry Eyed Editorialist Still Dreams Of Mass Gun Confiscations

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I think the cops assigned to the task should make HIM do the knocking and demanding.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I see this thread title, I think of this guy having a Louis CK moment over gun confiscation fantasies.

Ick.

Hijinx

A Law banning and confiscating guns in the United States would be a disaster in the making.
Right from scratch there would be refusals.
People who gave rights do not just give up those rights because other people believe they have some sort of authority to take those rights away.
Who gave these other people this authority.
Certainly not the Constitution of the United States. In fact it specifically says they do not have this authority.
Some people would fight this crime against their rights.
Others would refuse to turn in their weapons and hide them.
It would make criminals out of Millions of Americans. Including those who made the attempt at Confiscatio

If I thought a rogue agent of an outlaw government was coming to take my property he would be facing an angry American, One who is armed, and old enough to not fear losing what little is left of life to fight for what is right.He might be facing many of us, as we as Americans know what an armed militia is and can form one or many.

Better to fight for a free America and to go into that Goodnight fighting than to lay around waiting for Cancer a Heart attack or Dementia.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you want to see people exercise their Second Amendment rights, go ahead and try to ban guns.