Crash-o-Rama south of LP City continues

DEEKAYPEE8569

glhs837

Power with Control
IMO, no. At most, a precautionary ambulance ride to the hospital might be enough.

I really get the feeling that they are trying hard to justify the helos and so it's like Oprah, "You get a helo ride, and YOU get a helo ride, heck, EVERYBODY gets a helo ride".

TPD

the poor dad
Four accidents in 8 weeks that have shut the road down in this 6-7 mile stretch. That could be more road closings than the stretch from gate 2 to Route 4 in the last 8 weeks. Our sheriff needs to get on this!

And yes, concerning the helo ride - this burns me. As I stated in one of my youtube videos, sometimes all it takes is a broken finger nail to get a ride in one of these MSP birds.

But another beef of mine with these accidents and road closings is the lost productivity of so many people because of the failure of one person. I do realize with this particular accident wires were across the road so it needed to be closed, but in so many other accidents, the road is closed when it shouldn't be. But if it is necessary to close a road, our fire/rescue/police/highway departments need to do a better job at directing traffic. My daughter was madder than a wet hornet yesterday morning because there was no indication of an accident/road closure until she got right up to the scene, along with everyone else headed north. With all of the rescue/law enforcement on the scene, why couldn't one of those guys be down at Mattapany Road diverting traffic. Heck for that matter, why couldn't they have someone turning around traffic through the middle school parking lot rather than having everyone drive up to the scene then doing a u-turn/3-pt turn to head south again. This has been a beef of mine for the last number of years that I have expressed to the rescue personnel and the sheriff's office. If we are already spending $500,000-$1mil for fire engines, $8-10mil for fire stations, and who knows what for gators, segways, and tanks for the sheriff's department, what is another $10-20,000 for portable signs to direct traffic?

Go ahead - throw the torches at me now and tell me how insensitive I am for not caring about the loved ones involved in these accidents because I only want to get to my destination on time. You will not change my mind about it. And feel free to go around me when you see my sorry ass in an accident. And oh yeah, just for good measure, flip me the bird as you go by my body laying in the road. I will start a gofundme later...

glhs837

Power with Control
Four accidents in 8 weeks that have shut the road down in this 6-7 mile stretch. That could be more road closings than the stretch from gate 2 to Route 4 in the last 8 weeks. Our sheriff needs to get on this!

And yes, concerning the helo ride - this burns me. As I stated in one of my youtube videos, sometimes all it takes is a broken finger nail to get a ride in one of these MSP birds.

But another beef of mine with these accidents and road closings is the lost productivity of so many people because of the failure of one person. I do realize with this particular accident wires were across the road so it needed to be closed, but in so many other accidents, the road is closed when it shouldn't be. But if it is necessary to close a road, our fire/rescue/police/highway departments need to do a better job at directing traffic. My daughter was madder than a wet hornet yesterday morning because there was no indication of an accident/road closure until she got right up to the scene, along with everyone else headed north. With all of the rescue/law enforcement on the scene, why couldn't one of those guys be down at Mattapany Road diverting traffic. Heck for that matter, why couldn't they have someone turning around traffic through the middle school parking lot rather than having everyone drive up to the scene then doing a u-turn/3-pt turn to head south again. This has been a beef of mine for the last number of years that I have expressed to the rescue personnel and the sheriff's office. If we are already spending $500,000-$1mil for fire engines, $8-10mil for fire stations, and who knows what for gators, segways, and tanks for the sheriff's department, what is another $10-20,000 for portable signs to direct traffic?

Go ahead - throw the torches at me now and tell me how insensitive I am for not caring about the loved ones involved in these accidents because I only want to get to my destination on time. You will not change my mind about it. And feel free to go around me when you see my sorry ass in an accident. And oh yeah, just for good measure, flip me the bird as you go by my body laying in the road. I will start a gofundme later...

Not at all, you have a valid point, especially considering that when I rolled by the Park Hall/235 intersection at 715, there were two officers and two cars there diverting the SB traffic. One of who was leaving going north. I paused for a moment and mentioned that the backup of diverted traffic on Park Hall was literally a mile or more long trying to enter 5 south, and that it might be a good idea to get someone there to stop the SB on 5 to alleviate that. "Thanks Sir" said the nice officer in a tone that said he didn't care about that crap :)

3CATSAILOR

Not at all, you have a valid point, especially considering that when I rolled by the Park Hall/235 intersection at 715, there were two officers and two cars there diverting the SB traffic. One of who was leaving going north. I paused for a moment and mentioned that the backup of diverted traffic on Park Hall was literally a mile or more long trying to enter 5 south, and that it might be a good idea to get someone there to stop the SB on 5 to alleviate that. "Thanks Sir" said the nice officer in a tone that said he didn't care about that crap :)

Our MSP is not unlike our Sheriff's Office. They have a limited number of officers to respond to calls. I do agree completely with you. I too thought the same thing. I too thought to tell the Trooper. But, I thought he would just blow me off. Its nice to see I was probably right. However, for those that encountered the backed up traffic, I suspect they may have called either police agency and complained. What good it may have done, is a completely different matter.