Why does my birth certificate say "Lexington Park"?

glhs837

Power with Control
So, while filling out for the background check today, the young guy noticed I had put Lexington Park as my place birth these 52 years ago...... He thought that was odd, as there have never been any hospitals, barring the clinic on base of course, but I cannot imagine they offered childbirth services back in 64. Any local old timers know why that might be? Pretty sure I wasnt a home birth.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I was born at the old hospital at Pax, and my birth certificate reflects my POB as Patuxent River.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Pax River baby? I'm a Stanford baby, but mine says Palo Alto, Santa Clara County, CA.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Home birth, in an ambulance or car on way to the hospital. Got any older family members you could ask?

glhs837

Power with Control
Dad was stationed on base, but they lived off base, it says "3 Pine Notch Road" for my parents address, they lived out in town, above a bar as I recall. I have asked my sister as the only one left who might recall, no word back yet, she might not remember since she was seven. I can't imagine an ambulance or home birth would not be family lore.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This will be a source of controversy should you decide to run for President, so you might want to get it cleared up right away.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Yeah, you better get this straighten out soon. Otherwise, some narcissistic reality TV host might make some false accusations about you.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yeah, you better get this straighten out soon. Otherwise, some narcissistic reality TV host might make some false accusations about you.

Or the jacket bio in your published book might list some foreign country as your place of birth... ;-)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Guess I'll just have to continue to live in the shadows....... :)

:lmao:

My place on St. George's Island was the home of the last resident midwife. I knew an old feller, passed on about 15 or more years ago now, that claimed he was the last person alive that Midwife Thomas had brought in to this world. Would have been quite a few folks with "St. George's Island" on their birth certificate back in the day.....assuming they even had a birth certificate.

DEEKAYPEE8569

So, while filling out for the background check today, the young guy noticed I had put Lexington Park as my place birth these 52 years ago...... He thought that was odd, as there have never been any hospitals, barring the clinic on base of course, but I cannot imagine they offered childbirth services back in 64. Any local old timers know why that might be? Pretty sure I wasnt a home birth.

If you were born at the hospital on base, Patuxent River is not an actual city per se; but rather a destination for mail delivery purposes. Think of Patuxent River as a city within a city; the latter being LP City. Perhaps that's how on base births were documented waaay :lol: back then.

frequentflier

happy to be living
If you were born at the hospital on base, Patuxent River is not an actual city per se; but rather a destination for mail delivery purposes. Think of Patuxent River as a city within a city; the latter being LP City. Perhaps that's how on base births were documented waaay :lol: back then.

:bonk: 52 isn't old!

(spoken from someone born in 1959!)

awpitt

Main Streeter

That wouldn't be the reason as Lexington Park is not an actual city either but rather a destination for mail delivery purposes. Just a Zip Code 20653. Just like Pax River 20670. The only incorporated town in St. Mary's County is Leonardtown 20650.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

I have two sisters and a son that were all born at Pax (1958, 1961, and 1981) and all their certificates have NAS Pax River as the location.