Accident just south of base on 235

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Car wreck, took out an electric pole, started a brush fire. Just south of Spring Ridge Middle School. Take an alternate route if you're headed through there. Crash happened about an hour ago, but it may still be a mess.

3CATSAILOR

Car wreck, took out an electric pole, started a brush fire. Just south of Spring Ridge Middle School. Take an alternate route if you're headed through there. Crash happened about an hour ago, but it may still be a mess.

Over and over again. One accident after another. It seems like at least an accident a day. At some point, perhaps something will be done.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Over and over again. One accident after another. It seems like at least an accident a day. At some point, perhaps something will be done.

Not really. It was reported as Rt 5 and Hermanville, that doesn't have a light. It was south of Spring Ridge school on Rt 235, not Hermanville Rd light. The light was out there, but not a cluster####.

glhs837

Power with Control
Not really. It was reported as Rt 5 and Hermanville, that doesn't have a light. It was south of Spring Ridge school on Rt 235, not Hermanville Rd light. The light was out there, but not a cluster####.

He's referring to the sheer amount of crashes south of the base in general, I think. On the upside, I see lots of speed enforcement happening.......... :)

3CATSAILOR

Bad enough that we kill each other in car accidents, now, we are killing our loved animals too. I just heard that the dog died in one of these accidents. He was a beautiful innocent dog. Perhaps it was from this accident. This County has had some &#$# many of them, I lost count!!! I am at a loss to figure out truly why we have such INSANITY!

People know their cell phones are dangerous while driving. Yet, they do it anyhow. Accident after accident. When does it stop? Is it only after their animal dies or after they die? Or is it BOTH? The opiate addiction in this County is one thing. This is starting to compare in its own way!!! People, do your animals a favor, leave them at home!! At least they have a chance to get a new owner once you are dead from stupidity.

3CATSAILOR

He's referring to the sheer amount of crashes south of the base in general, I think. On the upside, I see lots of speed enforcement happening.......... :)

Actually MSP was monitoring cars running stop signs in the sound end this past weekend. Caught a few. Good for them!

BernieP

Resident PIA
Bad enough that we kill each other in car accidents, now, we are killing our loved animals too. I just heard that the dog died in one of these accidents. He was a beautiful innocent dog. Perhaps it was from this accident. This County has had some &#$# many of them, I lost count!!! I am at a loss to figure out truly why we have such INSANITY!

People know their cell phones are dangerous while driving. Yet, they do it anyhow. Accident after accident. When does it stop? Is it only after their animal dies or after they die? Or is it BOTH? The opiate addiction in this County is one thing. This is starting to compare in its own way!!! People, do your animals a favor, leave them at home!! At least they have a chance to get a new owner once you are dead from stupidity.

because people around here drive with their head firmly implanted in their ass.
I don't think I have ever lived in an area with people who are so sanctimonious. They can drive like a douche but have a lawyer's explanation why they are "in the right".
No matter what they do, they are within their legal rights and the other person is at fault.
It's not just cell phones, I watch people who are just oblivious to what is going on around them. Traffic can be moving past them on their left and right and they just put down the road.
Light turns green, they just sit there, then start slowly to roll and then stop and then start again.
Block access to turn lanes because they want to leave 10 car lengths between their vehicle and the vehicle in front at the red light.
They drive like they count on everybody else being a defensive driver, don't worry, they'll break for me.
Most often they aren't moving fast, they are just erratic

glhs837

Power with Control
Actually MSP was monitoring cars running stop signs in the sound end this past weekend. Caught a few. Good for them!

And the amount of crashes caused by someone running a stop sign? Other than the idgets who cant navigate the intersection at Hermanville/235, not too many intersection crashes south of the base. Just people not staying in lane.

TPD

the poor dad
And the amount of crashes caused by someone running a stop sign? Other than the idgets who cant navigate the intersection at Hermanville/235, not too many intersection crashes south of the base. Just people not staying in lane.

Rt 235/Mattapany/St James Road intersection has had its fair share of accidents the last couple years.

Concerning these accidents south of Lexington Park, I have counted 8 since September from Dameron to Hermanville.

littlelady

God bless the USA

Yes, very sad. I am sure Sperry’s owner is beside themself with grief; even though we we don’t know the cause of the accident. Here is the story from Baynet.

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/1...-dog-involved-in-car-accident-ends-sadly.html

Popster

Wife was walking the dogs up that way. She was told that the wheel came off of the jeep and accident ensued. Kind of changes things.........

Homer J

Power Chord

The dog didn't die in the accident. It went running loose after the fact and was later hit by another car.

BernieP

Resident PIA
As a prolific traveler, let me assure you that it's all over, not just SoMD.

IDK, I'm on the road a lot. There are #######s all over, but particularly in SOMD you have an attitude
Good example of the "tude". 235 going thru Hollywood, speed limit is 55. Driver gets to stop sign, stops and then pulls out right in front of a vehicle. Driver of vehicle with right of way has two choices, brake or swerve into left lane. If they brake, they are up the tail of the vehicle that just pulled out. Driver of said vehicle then brake checks them because they don't like being tailgated. In either case, the vehicle that broke the law would tell you they were in the right, they came to a complete stop, the other vehicle was speeding, they were tailgating, they should have moved left to allow them to merge...
They have their self righteous reason why they aren't at fault.

you read that attitude on here all the time - oh those speeders, cops should get them. Well how about you yield the right of way, how about staying right except to pass. What's the response, the law doesn't require them to do that. Poor road etiquette but it's justified because the law. It applies especially to heavy equipment.

3CATSAILOR

IDK, I'm on the road a lot. There are #######s all over, but particularly in SOMD you have an attitude
Good example of the "tude". 235 going thru Hollywood, speed limit is 55. Driver gets to stop sign, stops and then pulls out right in front of a vehicle. Driver of vehicle with right of way has two choices, brake or swerve into left lane. If they brake, they are up the tail of the vehicle that just pulled out. Driver of said vehicle then brake checks them because they don't like being tailgated. In either case, the vehicle that broke the law would tell you they were in the right, they came to a complete stop, the other vehicle was speeding, they were tailgating, they should have moved left to allow them to merge...
They have their self righteous reason why they aren't at fault.

you read that attitude on here all the time - oh those speeders, cops should get them. Well how about you yield the right of way, how about staying right except to pass. What's the response, the law doesn't require them to do that. Poor road etiquette but it's justified because the law. It applies especially to heavy equipment.

Today I heard of the case of a guy that was rear ended. The lady completely admitted she was texting at the time. Also today I was beside a person who was turning left on to Chancellors Run Road. A line of cars behind her. The light turned to a green arrow for her. She remained. The cars laid on their horns. I looked over at her. She was busy TEXTING and didn't want to be interrupted. It must have been important.

Bibliophilic

The driver had a stroke. Not stupid. A terrible accident, and she is very distraught regarding her dog.