GOP Congressman Pledges to Repay Public Funds

seven

How Nobel of him!

:killingme

U.S. Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-TX 27th District) is promising to pay back taxpayer money used to settle a sexual harassment claim brought by his former spokeswoman.

The four-term congressman told KRIS-TV in Corpus Christi he "didn't do anything wrong" but didn't "want the taxpayers to be on the hook for this."

Lauren Greene, a former communications director for Farenthold, alleged in a 2014 federal lawsuit that she was sexually harassed and fired soon after complaining of a hostile work environment.

Politico first reported Friday that Farenthold used $84,000 in taxpayer funds from the House Office of Compliance to settle the claim.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...-461923883.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DCBrand

Rommey

I don't see why you find it amusing. Assuming he keeps his word and repays the funds he would be one of the first I can recall that actually voluntarily did such a thing.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I don't see why you find it amusing. Assuming he keeps his word and repays the funds he would be one of the first I can recall that actually voluntarily did such a thing.

Consider who you are dealing with in this thread. He is not on your level by any means. Even though a forum is just typed words, it is easy to see what’s what. And, I find it funny that libprogs are trying to change the minds of patriots. Boggles the mind, and good luck with that! :patriot:

Last edited:

Starman

It’s an honorable thing to do, but just do it and don’t put out a got dam press release about it. Fewer words and more action.

I’d bet 10 to 1 it will never be repaid since no one is holding him accountable to ensure that he does.

Last edited:

transporter

So you don't recall the cabinet member who was flying private military jets all over the world...who repaid the Treasury for the cost of "his" seat instead of the actual cost of the flight (he was the only guy on the plane. It was head of the EPA if I recall properly ( Tom Price that's it). His offer to "volunteer" to reimburse the taxpayer was just as genuine...he got caught and tried to save his hide.

I can understand why you might have forgotten this story given the CF that this administration is...trying to follow the daily list of incompetence is a Herculean task...but Tom Price's resignation came at the end of September...not that long ago.

transporter

Consider who you are dealing with in this thread. He is not on your level by any means. Even though a forum is just typed words, it is easy to see what’s what. And, I find it funny that libprogs are trying to change the minds of patriots. Boggles the mind, and good luck with that! :patriot:

To change a mind it first must be a functioning mind...one capable of higher level thought and consideration of multiple viewpoints and facts.

You'd probably have to have an rather rudimentary understanding of our system of govt, the duties/responsibilities of the three branches and our place at the top of the global economic/diplomatic food chain (at least we were). "Rudimentary" in this instance means more than being able to do a Bing or Google search.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
To change a mind it first must be a functioning mind...one capable of higher level thought and consideration of multiple viewpoints and facts.

You'd probably have to have an rather rudimentary understanding of our system of govt, the duties/responsibilities of the three branches and our place at the top of the global economic/diplomatic food chain (at least we were). "Rudimentary" in this instance means more than being able to do a Bing or Google search.

Nice bit of irony there ^ sweetie

black dog

Free America

Pot meet Kettle....... LOL.......

Hijinx

The way I read it 12 Million dollars was paid out to calm harassment charges against several Congress critters.
This guys share was $84 thousand dollars not a small amount but not much of a dent in the 12 Million dollars they paid out either.
Plus he is the first to offer to pay back any of it.

He says they paid it out only to quash the suit and does not admit guilt.
That is something that can be argued I suppose, but why get on this guys case when we haven't heard from any of the others.
I realize of course that Transporter's panties got wet when she heard it was a Republican, but I doubt one party only is guilty.

awpitt

Main Streeter

I think the point is that they shouldn't have used taxpayer money to pay these settlements in the first place. The only reason Farenthold is promising to pay the money back is because the whole thing got outted. If that had not happened, nobody would be promising to pay any money back.

Baker12

Conyers owes me around $18m dollars so that his old, crusty ass could rub up some on nasty hoes. I don't want it in 1's since that is his preferred denomination

Hijinx

I think the point is that they shouldn't have used taxpayer money to pay these settlements in the first place. The only reason Farenthold is promising to pay the money back is because the whole thing got outted. If that had not happened, nobody would be promising to pay any money back.

I believe we all agree that the money should not have been paid out at all, but he is the first to say he is willing to pay back his share.

Where are all the rest?

With quick math I can see 11.9 million no one has offered to pay back.

I might add that if the woman he supposedly harassed settled for $84 thousand bucks she didn't have much of a case.

GregV814

So you don't recall the cabinet member who was flying private military jets all over the world...who repaid the Treasury for the cost of "his" seat instead of the actual cost of the flight (he was the only guy on the plane. It was head of the EPA if I recall properly ( Tom Price that's it). His offer to "volunteer" to reimburse the taxpayer was just as genuine...he got caught and tried to save his hide.

I can understand why you might have forgotten this story given the CF that this administration is...trying to follow the daily list of incompetence is a Herculean task...but Tom Price's resignation came at the end of September...not that long ago.

and then there is this ... who is going to pay for this?? and not ask questions???
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/1...ders-jet-much-more-than-previously-known.html

Last edited: