More winning...in Iraq

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Iraqi PM declares victory over ISIS. bait for TJ

For a major chunk of the past administration, Barack Obama struggled with trying to defeat the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria.

In less than one year after Donald Trump has taken office, the nation of Iraq has declared victory over the terrorist group.

https://conservativetribune.com/iraq-declares-victory-isis/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=PostTopSharingButtons&utm_content=2017-12-10&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons

b23hqb

PREMO Member
We have to wait and see how permanent that "win" will be. ISIS isn't going anywhere - it will just re-emerge elsewhere. Still, good progress, and Iraq is getting better militarily, with our help, of course.

Starman

Declaring victory does't mean that victory was achieved.

They may be mostly gone from Raqqa and Mosul, but there are still vast areas of desert they are in control of with vastly more fresh discontents to fuel jihadi anger. Their model of insurgency is durable and effective.

BOP

Declaring victory does't mean that victory was achieved.

They may be mostly gone from Raqqa and Mosul, but there are still vast areas of desert they are in control of with vastly more fresh discontents to fuel jihadi anger. Their model of insurgency is durable and effective.

I'm pretty sure most of us agree with that. However, under the Won's regime, even small victories were nowhere in sight.

Starman

I'm pretty sure most of us agree with that. However, under the Won's regime, even small victories were nowhere in sight.

I'm equally sure that most of us agree that ISIS isn't meant to be defeated. We love us some boogeymen.