Good old Steny

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He's on TV with Bret Baier making a horse's ass out of himself, insisting that this is a "tax cut for the rich", which is a slap in the face to his constituents who are smart enough to actually, you know, crunch the numbers. So he is effectively saying, "My dumbass third grade educated voters will buy anything I say because they don't know any better."

Can we vote him out of there? Please?

Or do you all just like being looked down on and insulted by him?

limblips

We can't lose steny! If we lose him we lose Pax River! At least that is what I hear every election cycle.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We saw that, the Missus wished a case of antibiotic resistant peritonitis on him.

( 10:39 PM:saw I omitted her descriptor)

Last edited:

transporter

He's on TV with Bret Baier making a horse's ass out of himself, insisting that this is a "tax cut for the rich", which is a slap in the face to his constituents who are smart enough to actually, you know, crunch the numbers. So he is effectively saying, "My dumbass third grade educated voters will buy anything I say because they don't know any better."

Didn't you say the exact same thing in the other tax cut thread?

BernieP

Resident PIA

you forget his constituents are not the educated and gainfully employed crowd, they tend to be centered more in PG and Charles County.

spclopr8tr

you forget his constituents are not the educated and gainfully employed crowd, they tend to be centered more in PG and Charles County.

Nailed it! He carries PG and Charles by a landslide. St. Mary's, Calvert, and Anne Arundel simply don't have the numbers to defeat him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Well he's sure got them pegged.

I wish Steny no ill will. He's brought home the bacon for Pax, which means the SoMD area, which means my business interests, and I thank him for that. But it's time for him to move on. He's stopped representing the people of District 5 and has become solely a mouthpiece for the Democrat party.

Midnightrider

Well he's sure got them pegged.

I wish Steny no ill will. He's brought home the bacon for Pax, which means the SoMD area, which means my business interests, and I thank him for that. But it's time for him to move on. He's stopped representing the people of District 5 and has become solely a mouthpiece for the Democrat party.

I’ll reserve judgement on the tax plan until I see how it affects my bottom line. I have a feeling the reduction of the mortgage interest and state tax deductions will hurt our middle class family more than the rest will help, but we will see

Chris0nllyn

I’ll reserve judgement on the tax plan until I see how it affects my bottom line. I have a feeling the reduction of the mortgage interest and state tax deductions will hurt our middle class family more than the rest will help, but we will see

This whole idea of this being a tax "cut" is a sham anyway. It might help a bit for middle class, but greatly helps the upper class. Nothing is slowing down spending by our govt., and it all goes away in 2025 (which just so happenes to coincide with the end of a 2nd Trump term, assuming he makes it that far).

Chris0nllyn

Why is cutting the tax burden on those that pay most of it anyway a bad thing?

It's not, but it doesn't exactly fall in line with the idea that these cuts will help the middle class. Something Trump told us all along. It doesn't change the fact that the govt. spends too much (and this tax bill will increase deficit by $1 trillion), it ends eventually (for the individual, not corporate), it eliminates many itemized deductions, it didn't simplify the tax code as Trump promised, and Congress would need to waive the Pay-Go rule if Trump is to sign before Xmas.

It's a start, but far from anything that was promised, and far from anything that will have long term effects on our country's biggest issue....spending.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
you dont have to wait to see. Its already been calculated. "they" do that when a tax bill is proposed

Using only static assumptions. We know that. That's one of many reasons "they" are always wrong. Remember this famous one?...where the actual data was far worse than the prediction for no stimulus package...LMAO..

Obama Stimulus-Chart-copy_2.jpg