DirecTV freezing

MiddleGround

I have the new Genie 2 system from DirecTV (the one with the seperate wireless tower) and ever since I got the upgrade I see that the programing freezes at least once per hour and often more than that. The screen freezes and no sound for about 4-5 seconds and then it comes back. This happens on every channel and on every TV in my house. I have also recently seen where the mini-Genie on each TV will lose it's connection to the Server Client and then reconnect after about 10 seconds.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Is there a fix?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Contact your DirecTV person. Sounds like faulty equipment.

Not that I know #### about it, but that would be my first troubleshoot maneuver.

MiddleGround

Did some research on this over the holidays. Apparently, this is a big problem with the Genie 2 system. Also, I am experiencing disconnects from every wireless receiver to the main server. The receiver will disconnect and reconnect about every 30 min. This takes anywhere from 10-12 seconds.

Looks like DirecTV rolled out the Genie2 without fully debugging it!

OldHillcrestGuy

Did some research on this over the holidays. Apparently, this is a big problem with the Genie 2 system. Also, I am experiencing disconnects from every wireless receiver to the main server. The receiver will disconnect and reconnect about every 30 min. This takes anywhere from 10-12 seconds.

Looks like DirecTV rolled out the Genie2 without fully debugging it!

I have had the Genie for at least 3-4 years now, was freezing when I got it still freezes. The tech told me it was a problem and that they were working on fixing it. Always seems to freeze at just the wrong time when Im watching something.