Names Released in Coltons Point Homicide

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
On December 24, 2017, at approximately 4:04 PM, deputies from the St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office and Maryland State Police from the Leonardtown Barrack, responded to a report of a shooting, in the 38000 block of Dukeharts Creek Road, in Coltons Point, Maryland. Detectives and Crime Lab Technicians from the Sheriff's Office responded to the scene to continue the investigation.

The investigation determined Roger Allen Bruce, age 66, of New Market, Va. was visiting relatives at the residence when an argument ensued. Roger Bruce, began discharging a firearm towards the homeowner, Michael Allen Bruce, Sr., age 45, of Coltons Point, Md. The homeowner returned fire striking Roger Bruce. Lifesaving efforts were initiated by responding law enforcement and rescue squad personnel which were not successful. Roger Bruce, succumbed to his injuries at the scene, and was later transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for an autopsy.

If anyone has information regarding this incident, please contact the assigned investigator Detective Corporal Trevor Teague at (301) 475-4200 extension *8128, or by email at Trevor.Teague@st.marysmd.com.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There's a backstory here that I'm sure is fascinating. Guy comes to visit his son over Christmas, starts shooting at him, ends up getting shot back.

A terrible thing for the Bruce family, no matter what.

DannyMotorcycle

There's a backstory here that I'm sure is fascinating. Guy comes to visit his son over Christmas, starts shooting at him, ends up getting shot back.

A terrible thing for the Bruce family, no matter what.

i expected to see some sort of Maryland Judiciary Case Search with some some alcohol crime or something making one of them seedy, but neither one of them have much of a case history other than a single traffic violation.

DannyMotorcycle

In your own home, your father tries to kill you, or at least shoots at you during an argument and you shoot and kill him... (apparently in the mid afternoon)... Your home is now the site of what most people who aren't psychopathic, a traumatic experience. Do you just continue living there? do you leave for a while? I have to wonder if alcohol was involved.. physical abuse earlier in life... or just what.. were they wearing guns? was there retrieval ? a fight? Who tries to marvin gaye their own son? a psychopath? or one who takes a beating from a psychopath son? No charges have been filed.. but then there's likely only one side of the story told since the other man is dead. I wonder if any other family were present..

Last edited:

DannyMotorcycle

yet here you are commenting. what's your problem? No where did i infer that i know anything about anyone, or what happened, or opinion or criticism or speculation of what happened other than stating that i wondered what the possibilities are.

Shooting at your son because he told you to move your vehicle off a neighbors property is very unusual, to say the least. Now we do know what happened thanks to a little bit of research. Why are we on this website? because we are interested in the community
on goings... why are you here?

DannyMotorcycle

Why do you want to know why i want to know? why don't you mind your own business? I have my reasons and they're NOT your business. take your own condescension and place it upon yourself because that is where it's applicable.