30 Tires dumped on St Georges yesterday and the day before

glhs837

Power with Control
Facebook post from Jack Russel. Find it and share it around, jackassery like this should hurt.

REWARD for Info that leads to arrest of the person (s) who threw these tires away on St. George Island on Dec. 27th or 28 th. Tires were cut in half. 30 some total. Pm me and Info will be kept confidential

limblips

PREMO Member
"The tires were cut in half" may be a clue. Why would someone take the time to cut them in half if they were going to throw them away? What would 1/2 of a tire be good for? Dock bumpers? Push boat? Loading dock protection? I hate litterers and I hope they find the scum. I am sure they could use a little community service at the sewage plant.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
"The tires were cut in half" may be a clue. Why would someone take the time to cut them in half if they were going to throw them away? What would 1/2 of a tire be good for? Dock bumpers? Push boat? Loading dock protection? I hate litterers and I hope they find the scum. I am sure they could use a little community service at the sewage plant.

They were sliced, not cut in half. To get the wheels out, most likely to sell the rims or cash in the metal. This is most likely from someone stealing tires to get money for the wheels. They should be looking at cars who've had their tires stolen and any places buying rims for scrap.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Definitely spread the word. Wonder if there is a traffic camera on the light at Piney Pt Rd and Rt 5, or at Flat Iron and 5. Maybe the jerk was dumb enough to drive through one.
Depending on the amount, someone must have seen a truck with tires. Doubt it was a big truck, probably just a pick up. Anything bigger and people would really take note of it driving on the island.

glhs837

Power with Control
Definitely spread the word. Wonder if there is a traffic camera on the light at Piney Pt Rd and Rt 5, or at Flat Iron and 5. Maybe the jerk was dumb enough to drive through one.
Depending on the amount, someone must have seen a truck with tires. Doubt it was a big truck, probably just a pick up. Anything bigger and people would really take note of it driving on the island.

Nearest one in the Rt5 and GMR camera, but that does not record, or if it does, most likely only the NSA gets to keep it.

PeoplesElbow

Were they by any chance new tires that had been ruined so they couldn't be sold by anyone? When some places throw out stock they "ruin" it so that it is worthless.

frequentflier

happy to be living

I have seen it shared many times on Facebook.

Tech

Anyone with information on this crime please contact Officer Obie @ (301) 555-1234.