Internet question

What device do you use most to access the internet?

• Desk/laptop

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • Mobile device (phone, tablet, etc)

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What do you use most to access the internet: A desk/laptop, a mobile device, or something else?

Starman

What do you use most to access the internet: A desk/laptop, a mobile device, or something else?

Desktop. I use mobile devices as read-mostly devices, news, audio books, music, podcasts, maps for driving, maybe the occasional "Just landed, on my way home" SMS message, etc. To me, most mobile devices just aren't that well suited for content creation like e-mail, software development, report/proposal writing, etc. Sure you can get almost-full-size keyboards, but then that's too much junk to carry with you. I have a laptop I use on business travel only, virtually never at home.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
most of the web surfing is at home or at work ...

I'll use my phone however when at work to check Facebook Messenger / KIK / What'sup

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I, too, find the phone cumbersome for anything longer than a quick text. I rarely use my phone for anything internet other than looking up the name of a song or a factoid that gets stuck in my head. I'll surf a bit on the tablet just because that's what's in my hands most of the time. but for real internet, email, and social media it's the laptop hands down. I don't even have email set up on my phone or tablet.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I, too, find the phone cumbersome for anything longer than a quick text. I rarely use my phone for anything internet other than looking up the name of a song or a factoid that gets stuck in my head. I'll surf a bit on the tablet just because that's what's in my hands most of the time. but for real internet, email, and social media it's the laptop hands down. I don't even have email set up on my phone or tablet.

Now for things regarding my various community volunteer activities I would be lost and incapable without my phone and its ability to allow me access to the webz and most especially email along with google docs.

Laptop for forums, email, banking, just about all of my Internet access.

Phone for texting, quick email checking, quick searches, nav mapping (I get lost a lot...).

Grumpy

Desktop for 99%
Tablet, rarely
Phone - actually calling people..reply to texting if answer is y,n or k, otherwise call back

MiddleGround

Typically, I find that this is mostly age oriented. The younger crowd uses cell phone almost exclusively. Older generations use desktops/laptops.

Judging by the 85/15 split in the poll (as of this post) I would assume that most who voted were probably in the 50 y.o. and older category.