So what's everyone doing tonight?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Last year we were in Charleston and had a blast. I have a good friend there, and we went to a magnificent dinner and then rocked out to two super good bands at Charleston Pour House.

This year we're most likely staying home because without a more outgoing friend to encourage us, we are lazy and crowd averse. :lol: But yesterday we drove to Key West and had a snackie at this tiki bar along the way, then a magnificent pizza for dinner at No Name Pub. So we'll pretend that was our New Year celebration.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Probably ring in the New Year around 10 then go to bed before I fall asleep in the chair.

We were going to go the the North Beach New Year's Party on the Pier but the $95/head ticket price scared us off.

Plus, I didn't want to fall asleep on the pier. Too old for that ####.

I am my happiest when I'm home and cozy so lucky for me hubby is happy to keep me happy. Cheering in the new year at home! :cheers:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Working on one of my long-neglected vehicle build projects all weekend long.....so the woodstove is cranking and I'm wrenching. Got some killer oyster stew and chili to keep warm on the stove top too. I'm not suffering too much. ;-)

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Since I'm working tomorrow, likely go to bed at normal time and, ho hum, new year...

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Steaks with the fam, ball drop, eyelid drop at approximately 0002. And I KNOW DW won't be heading to my neck of the woods.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And I KNOW DW won't be heading to my neck of the woods.

I was "supposed" to be in your neck of the woods...but the combination of super cold temps and super-low tides wrecked those plans. Can't get out to the island and couldn't heat it if we did. ;-p

Getting a lot done within range of the shop stove anyway...

frequentflier

happy to be living
10 PM...yawn. Ready for bed and will wake tomorrow morning to a fresh pot of coffee and having to get used to writing 2018.

Happy New Year, everyone. May you and yours be happy and healthy.

In bed, early night, getting back on the road early tomorrow AM for a 2 day trip heading back home.

Happy New Year, all!

littlelady

God bless the USA
10 PM...yawn. Ready for bed and will wake tomorrow morning to a fresh pot of coffee and having to get used to writing 2018.

Happy New Year, everyone. May you and yours be happy and healthy.

Sad I never got to meet you in my visits to PPP, but now we have moved. Wishing you the best in the coming year.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Ended the year by staying up to watch Dr Who.

The New England team of American Professional Football winning was an acceptable event to end the year.

luvmygdaughters

Hubby and I cooked a great steak dinner with all the trimmings, finished a bottle of cabernet. Around 9:30 pm, I texted and called my family and friends to wish them a Happy New Year, since I would be asleep by 10:30 pm. Perfect way to spend a freezing cold night.