Chimney Sweep and Inspection

Looking for recommendation/s for very reputable chimney sweeps who service St. Mary's County. Any information on what others have paid within the past few years for the cleaning and inspection is appreciated. I've seen on-line pricing averages of between $250-$300, with the national average for St. Mary's being $1250!!!! I know Lexington Park was just listed as one of the "richest" towns in the US, but jeezus, $1200 for a chimney sweep!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Unfortunately, some of them have quit the business in our area.....including the one that always took care of my chimneys. I had to start cleaning my own, and since I only have the one left (other went with the house it set afire), that's not a big problem.

frequentflier

happy to be living
We have used Chesapeake Chimney out of Prince Frederick and I know they were not that expensive. When we bought the house three years ago, they replaced the cracked liner and then have been cleaning it every summer. The wood stove is cranking right now!

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
We have used Chesapeake Chimney out of Prince Frederick and I know they were not that expensive. When we bought the house three years ago, they replaced the cracked liner and then have been cleaning it every summer. The wood stove is cranking right now!

Make sure you get Chesapeake Chimney Sweep, not Chesapeake Chimney Sweep and Company. Two totally different companies.

The phone number you want is 410 535 0035, the owner is Neil Crandell. The message on the answering machine is him singing Chim chimchery.

I haven't had him over yet but last year I think it was $180. Two story house, with a weirdly built fireplace.

General Lee

Make sure you get Chesapeake Chimney Sweep, not Chesapeake Chimney Sweep and Company. Two totally different companies.

The phone number you want is 410 535 0035, the owner is Neil Crandell. The message on the answering machine is him singing Chim chimchery.

I haven't had him over yet but last year I think it was $180. Two story house, with a weirdly built fireplace.

Which one have the employees show up wearing the black top hats? I had one of them come out for the oil furnace chimney inspection and replacement. They were a incompetent joke.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Which one have the employees show up wearing the black top hats? I had one of them come out for the oil furnace chimney inspection and replacement. They were a incompetent joke.

Neil wears an old battered semi-fedora with shells and feathers. He and a son are the only ones who come. Sometimes a nephew is also along. They wear ball caps.

Chris0nllyn

I also used Chesapeake Chimney. I think it ended up being about $150 for an inspection only because the chimney was clean. I did find out the flue liners were cracked and he'd install a wood stove and liner for $5,000.

Family member of mine just bought a house with 2 chimneys. Both are bad, supposedly, to the tune of $17,000. I've talked to a lot of people lately who have had cracked flue liners.

frequentflier

happy to be living

The "CC company" we used was owned by Mark Denton (sp) and have always been happy with him and his crew.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
We've used Chesapeake Chimney (Crandell) for almost 30 years. Never once has he ever tried to upsell us on anything. This is on a hundred year old house with a 70 year old fireplace and chimney which was constructed in a way that can only be described as "interesting".