Dinner!!

Haven't had a new dinner thread in a while. Tonight was a great night for soup. Made a big pot of french onion.

But when I was getting ready to broil it, realized I had no bread to put in the crock. After a bit of thinking, had an apostrophe. You really have the soup for the onion broth and browned cheese, right? The soggy ol' piece of bread is just kinda...... ew. It's only there to hold up the cheese.

So I used a flour tortilla. Cut it to the shape of the crock and covered it with cheese. Perfect. No more soggy bread!! Holds together long enough to support the cheese, but then gets soft enough to break up easily. Just lots of great onion soup and browned cheese.

And the Chianti isn't bad either.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
After a bit of thinking, had an apostrophe.
Thank goodness it wasn't a semicolon. :jet: The soup sounds delicious and clever improvisation on the lack of bread. :yay:

I made sketti last night, so it is either that or cook up the pork chops in the fridge. Salad and cheesy garlic bread will go with either. :yum:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love FO soup.

I made chili. It's spicy and delicious and is comforting me on this crappy weather evening.

When I made my big ole pot of homemade chicken soup the big8i king of the week I used extra chic ken breast so I could pull them out, shred them, and make some enchilada casserole. We baked it tonight. Thanks to Vrai for posting the recipe same day I wanted to make soup!

Dishes the casserole and smothered in shredded lettuce, guacamole and homemade salsa from the gareden! :drool:

lovinmaryland

Made a big batch of lasagna last night for dinner. I used some ground venison in my gravy from the deer my son killed a few weeks ago it was excellent.

Attachments

• lasagna.jpg
    lasagna.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 525

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We had Queso Stuffed Meatloaf with brown rice and kale!! It was delish!!

That sounds good. :drool:

Wait, was it beef or Bambi?

I haven't had any food yet. We got back today from Key West and have nothing in the trailer, so I'm headed to the store here shortly. I'm thinking about making goulash.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
That sounds good. :drool:

Wait, was it beef or Bambi?

I haven't had any food yet. We got back today from Key West and have nothing in the trailer, so I'm headed to the store here shortly. I'm thinking about making goulash.

Goulash or American goulash, there's a huge difference.

black dog

Free America
:lol: I didn't think I would like it either but it really is hard to taste the difference in things like spaghetti sauce, tacos, etc...

My roomie can smell venison cooking when she parks her car in the driveway.
She will casually ask did I cook her dinner also.... I always cook a twofer so everyone is happy..