NAS Pax

glhs837

Power with Control
One of our guys went in, I assume they are not really checking for essential person status since he's a CSS loggie.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Last time they told everyone to show up to work at the same time it took an hr to get into gate 2

My company goes by what the base does. If they do open, I'll go to corporate to work from there. Forget going on base!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
A friend of mine works for PW and he said the roads are REALLY bad on base. Cars are getting stuck in drifts on the main roads.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Posted on their FB page at 9:30 PM tonight:

NAS Patuxent River Operating under Delayed Opening/Unscheduled Leave/Telework Status due to Weather for Jan. 5, 2018

NAS Patuxent River/Webster Field/NRC Solomons remain in Restricted Access status.

Webster Field will remain in Restricted Access until conditions can be further evaluated. NAS Patuxent River/NRC Solomons will delay opening until 9 a.m. Jan. 5, 2018.

Critical personnel must report to work as previously scheduled. Civil service employees designated non-critical who choose to report to work will be granted admin leave for the hours before the set delayed opening time. Civil service employees may take a combination of unscheduled leave, telework and/or leave without pay (LWOP) for the entire day. Civil service employees choosing not to use a combination of unscheduled annual leave, telework, and/or LWOP should report to work at 9 a.m. Check with your command for specific guidance. Contract employees should contact their company for guidance.

Drivers are reminded that conditions continue to be hazardous and to allow extra time for their commute.

An update on the status of Webster Field will be provided at 8:30 a.m. Jan. 5, 2018.

MiddleGround

Who was the brilliant master planner that decided to open up the base for ALL to come at the same time AND decided to only have 2 lanes open at Gate 1?

Traffic backed up way past the light at Rt 4 on 235 at 9am. And when people get frustrated, seems traffic rules no longer apply.

MiddleGround

Traffic backed up way past the light at Rt 4 on 235 at 9am. And when people get frustrated, seems traffic rules no longer apply.

My favorite is when people think that taking the service roads in front of Target and Walmart will help.

"Yep! You are the very first one to think of that sneaky secret way! I am sure it will be clear sailing." Lol

Goldenhawk

My favorite is when people think that taking the service roads in front of Target and Walmart will help.

"Yep! You are the very first one to think of that sneaky secret way! I am sure it will be clear sailing." Lol

And soon.... "My favorite is when people think that taking FDR behind Target and Walmart will help." Yeah, not so much.

PeoplesElbow

Who was the brilliant master planner that decided to open up the base for ALL to come at the same time AND decided to only have 2 lanes open at Gate 1?

That is always what happens when the base has a delayed opening.

Then you have the genius contractors that tell their employees that if the guards will let them in the gate they have to come into work.