Bombogenesis

DeeJay

Administrator
Staff member
Your word for the day is "Bombogenesis". Per Southern Maryland Weather and News:

"THIS MASSIVE WEATHER SYSTEM IS CALLED BOMBOGENESIS: Bombogenesis is a term you may have heard lately. It's described as a rapidly intensifying non tropical storm within 24 hours which continues to intensify as the day progresses. This is considered a winter weather event in weather terms. These systems are rare.
These storms can extend for hundreds of miles and last for hours and cause many problems.

2018: This storm will be going into weather record books as a storm that extended from Florida to Maine."

Follow them on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/SouthernMDWxNews

Starman

Term has been around since the 1940s and was used academically in 1980. It's nothing new.

bomb.jpg

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Bombogenesis!

And I thought it was bad with Snowpocalypse, Snowmageddon, Snownado, Snownami and other Snow-perbole.

awpitt

Main Streeter
It's gotten ridiculous, even to the point where they now name winter storms. This is why I only monitor the National Weather Service info. The Weather Channel has become nothing but a bunch of drama queens about the weather. Going after ratings.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It's gotten ridiculous, even to the point where they now name winter storms. This is why I only monitor the National Weather Service info. The Weather Channel has become nothing but a bunch of drama queens about the weather. Going after ratings.

You don't like the name Greyson?