Dope - Netflix

Chris0nllyn

An interesting mini series on Netflix. Each episode goes into the drug trade from all sides. Enforcement, use, and sales. Episode one is abo0ut a coke distributor. Episode two is about the heroin trade in Baltimore.

I'm convinced the best way to get people to not try this #### is to make them watch that. One instance in particular is a guy and his girlfriend who are heroin addicts living in an abandoned house in Baltimore. His girlfriend prostitutes for money, brings a dude back to the place they are staying in while the guy shoots heroin into his crotch vein because "it's the only vein [he] has left".

Epidode 3 is about the marijuana trafficking across the US border from Mexico. Episode 4 is about the violence in Chicago.

Some of it (probably most of it) is staged and/or reinactments, but what is based on real people is pretty interesting.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80178726

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm convinced the best way to get people to not try this #### is to make them watch that.

You'd think so but people always think they're smarter than they actually are. They never think "this could be me". Everyone in America has to know by now that crack and heroin are bad for you and not can but WILL ruin your life. And yet....

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
An interesting mini series on Netflix. Each episode goes into the drug trade from all sides. Enforcement, use, and sales. Episode one is abo0ut a coke distributor. Episode two is about the heroin trade in Baltimore.

I'm convinced the best way to get people to not try this #### is to make them watch that. One instance in particular is a guy and his girlfriend who are heroin addicts living in an abandoned house in Baltimore. His girlfriend prostitutes for money, brings a dude back to the place they are staying in while the guy shoots heroin into his crotch vein because "it's the only vein [he] has left".

Epidode 3 is about the marijuana trafficking across the US border from Mexico. Episode 4 is about the violence in Chicago.

Some of it (probably most of it) is staged and/or reinactments, but what is based on real people is pretty interesting.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80178726

I am watching episode two now about Baltimore and surrounding areas. Eye-opening and underscores who rampant the drug use is everywhere. I have had several people I know OD and die in the last year or so. One just yesterday in Anne Arundel County which was unexpected and painful to hear. Beyond sad and so devastating for those they leave behind.

I really do wish they would make everyone watch stuff like this and see what drugs do to you. :ohwell: