Apple to repatriate $200 Billion

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
... Now entering: TJTRANNYSTARFISH to label this as chump change!

Chris0nllyn

Just so everyone is aware, and contrary to the title of this thread, Apple has not committed to anything yet.

As part of the tax bill signed last week by President Trump, corporations like Apple (AAPL) will enjoy a repatriation tax rate of 15.5% for returning money to the U.S. from their overseas cash piles.

Now Apple and Cook face a put up or shut up moment. Will the world's most valuable company continue to rely on the tax havens for which it has been criticized, or make good on returning the money to its home country?

It's speculated that they will, and if they did, the speculation is that,
Angelo Zino, an analyst who tracks Apple for CFRA Research, expects the company will take advantage of the tax break to bring back "nearly all of its international cash."

Once it does, Zino says Apple's top priority will likely be "accelerated" share buybacks. Apple has already committed to a $300 billion capital return program that includes buybacks and dividends for shareholders.

Analysts with Barclays echoed Zino's prediction in an investor note last week listing off the "most likely" uses for Apple's repatriated cash: "Significant capital returns and possibly a small ramp up in acquisitions."

Noticeably absent from the list: Reinvesting the money in American workers, either through expanding its operations and supply chain at home, or substantial pay increases for U.S. employees.

"We don't believe the primary use of repatriated cash will be manufacturing expansion [and] hiring," Zino told CNNMoney. But he says it "will certainly help" these causes
http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/27/technology/apple-cash-tax-reform/index.html

Regardless, a 15.5% cut of $200+ billion is a nice chunk of cash from one company.

Starman

As an Apple shareholder, I look forward to share price growth thanks to buybacks. Not to mention dividends.

I’ll believe it when I see it though.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
In that case, as usual, I have no clue what the #### you are on about. But as long as you’re amused and not torturing kittens I’m good with it.

You not having a clue is normal......genius

Last edited:

Starman

I usually have a clue when concise, lucid, and succinct complete sentences are formed. You’re not capable of that apparently.

For the record, "1.43% are really that stupid?" is not a complete sentence.

Starman

Anyway, dummy, I'll assume you're talking about the dividend yield.

People don't generally look to the tech sector for current income (dividend yields). They look to the tech sector for longer-term growth.

With that said, AAPL is 2nd only to CSCO in dividend yield in that sector.

You want to go ahead and double-down on the stupid now?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Anyway, dummy, I'll assume you're talking about the dividend yield.

People don't generally look to the tech sector for current income (dividend yields). They look to the tech sector for longer-term growth.

With that said, AAPL is 2nd only to CSCO in dividend yield in that sector.

You want to go ahead and double-down on the stupid now?
I don’t buy retail or tech......