Cease and Desist letter from Trump's lawyer to Wolff/publisher

Starman

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4343661-CH-to-M-Wolff-H-Holt-Co-Legal-Demand-Re-DJT.html

It's odd that the letter cites federal cases but implicates state law to be interpreted. Amateurish would be a better word. Since Trump is known not to pay his legal bills, I'm guessing this is the best he could do.

Nonetheless, it's difficult to see how the president will be able to prove damages, and the burden of proof will be on Trump to prove these things are false. He'll also have to prove malice to collect any punitive damages. I doubt this will go far, as Trump will not want a case in which he's the sitting president to go to trial. This of course lends significant authenticity to the statements in the book.

Trump gets played.

Again.

:lol:

Starman

The letter must've worked, haven't heard sh!t from Bannon since..

Well it wasn’t sent to Bannon.

It was sent to the author of the book and his publisher. The author is doing press junkets and antagonizing tRump on Twitter. He knows exactly what he’s doing.

PsyOps

Pixelated
It's odd that the letter cites federal cases but implicates state law to be interpreted. Amateurish would be a better word.

Why in the heck haven't they hired you for their legal expert? In fact, I bet you're Trump's next pick for the seat at the Supreme Court.

Last edited:

transporter

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4343661-CH-to-M-Wolff-H-Holt-Co-Legal-Demand-Re-DJT.html

It's odd that the letter cites federal cases but implicates state law to be interpreted. Amateurish would be a better word. Since Trump is known not to pay his legal bills, I'm guessing this is the best he could do.

Nonetheless, it's difficult to see how the president will be able to prove damages, and the burden of proof will be on Trump to prove these things are false. He'll also have to prove malice to collect any punitive damages. I doubt this will go far, as Trump will not want a case in which he's the sitting president to go to trial. This of course lends significant authenticity to the statements in the book.

Trump gets played.

Again.

I like the part where the lawyers claim that Bannon has a non-disclosure agreement (not produced) and that Bannon is in violation of the agreement which makes the publisher author liable? The publisher/author have no agreement with our incompetent President.

I love the ending too...the request for written notification of compliance by Jan 5. The publisher moved up the sale date to...today January 5th....the books are flying off the shelves. You think the lawyers got their answer?

Hijinx

I like the part where the lawyers claim that Bannon has a non-disclosure agreement (not produced) and that Bannon is in violation of the agreement which makes the publisher author liable? The publisher/author have no agreement with our incompetent President.

I love the ending too...the request for written notification of compliance by Jan 5. The publisher moved up the sale date to...today January 5th....the books are flying off the shelves. You think the lawyers got their answer?

Have you got your copy yet.
Only a dipstick crazed Trump hating a-hole would buy one.
I bet you have one on order.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Have you got your copy yet.
Only a dipstick crazed Trump hating a-hole would buy one.
I bet you have one on order.

If he's smart he'll wait a month so he can pick it up at Costco in the dollar bin.

It'll be right next to Hillary's book.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Still president. :lol:

Well, there's that.

These dumbasses keep crowing about how stupid Trump is, and yet he beat their girl like a cheap rug, and continues to thwart them and leave them in a humiliated pile of slobber. He doesn't seem to have any problem putting them away.

So if Trump is stupid, what does that make the Democrats and the GOP elites?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Well, there's that.

These dumbasses keep crowing about how stupid Trump is, and yet he beat their girl like a cheap rug, and continues to thwart them and leave them in a humiliated pile of slobber. He doesn't seem to have any problem putting them away.

So if Trump is stupid, what does that make the Democrats and the GOP elites?

This is just another ploy in their bag of anti-Trump tricks. Couldn't get him on collusion. Couldn't get him on obstruction. Next trick... get a guy to write a tell-all book claiming Trump is mentally unfit (which they've been saying from the beginning anyway). When this fails, there will be some 'anonymous person' tell CNN he witnessed Trump murder someone. It will never end until they get him out of that White House.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It will never end until they get him out of that White House.

They did the exact same thing to Dubya and he did two terms.

Of course, now he's one of them - conveniently forgetting that he spent 8 years being viciously targeted by these exact same people in the exact same manner.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Of course, now he's one of them - conveniently forgetting that he spent 8 years being viciously targeted by these exact same people in the exact same manner.

The establishment created a mold that all politicians have to fit. Trump doesn't fit, therefore he must be rejected, regardless of whether you agree with his policies. It's more important they keep their club intact than to support ideals you agree with.

The disappointment, resentment, and contempt I hold for Bush cannot be properly expressed in the English language. That goes for McCain and all the other GOP despots who aim put club rules over what's best for the country. AND by being this 'never Trump' club as well, they spit in every face that voted for Trump.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

you know my opinion on dynasties. That being what it was I always had a bit of respect for George W, as he seem to be genuinely decent even if I couldn't always agree with his choices.

I think the Bush family genuinely expected Jeb to be the next candidate, in the spirit of "it's his turn" and are now pissed off that he missed his turn.

Hijinx

you know my opinion on dynasties. That being what it was I always had a bit of respect for George W, as he seem to be genuinely decent even if I couldn't always agree with his choices.

I think the Bush family genuinely expected Jeb to be the next candidate, in the spirit of "it's his turn" and are now pissed off that he missed his turn.

I think you are right. That and the fact that Jeb married a Hispanic and it is evident they love her (which is fine) but they feel all Hispanics now have a right to come to America.

BOP

Stockholm Syndrome?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Stockholm Syndrome?

I do always wonder how a politician can make nice with those who led the charge in calling them every name in the book, disparaging their character on an epic level, and attacking them relentlessly - not only them, but their whole family and everyone they've ever spoken to in their life.

Apparently the Clintons and the Bushes Sr. are quite chummy, which just boggles me. Then there's Dubya, who couldn't be bothered to comment on Barack Obama's greatest hits, but came out hard to criticize Donald Trump. Barry and Hilly spent 8 years disparaging Dubya and blaming everything under the sun on his incompetence, and Bush responds by supporting them and championing them and helping them get a win. Against his own party.

If it were me they were saying that crap about, I'd not only NOT make nice with them, I'd want their blood to run in the streets. I'd do everything in my power to defeat them. They would be my sworn enemy for life and I would never forget. By "forgiving and forgetting" Bush encourages this sort of hyper-ugly witch hunt political environment that I, for one, am sick of. As far as I'm concerned, Bush is part of the problem and now I loathe him.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It kind of makes me wonder if there's a real Rittenhouse running things and the political parties are nothing more then fake front groups for the ruling class.