About those coal mining jobs...and job safety

transporter

Just more actual news that never makes it into the right wing echo chamber...wouldn't want you independent minded Mensa folks to miss anything...

On the payroll side, a disproportionate share of the job growth occurred in the goods-producing sector with construction adding 30,000 jobs and manufacturing adding 25,000 jobs. Employment in the mining and logging sector overall was unchanged, although coal mining lost jobs for the third consecutive month

http://cepr.net/data-bytes/jobs-bytes/jobs-2018-01

Then there is this one:

The number of federal workplace safety inspectors has fallen under the Trump administration, according to new data obtained by NBC News, raising questions about the government's efforts to protect workers and the long-term impact of the White House's move to slow hiring.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...afety-inspectors-declines-under-trump-n834806

So...I though the coal miners and blue collar workers were exactly the people Trump claimed needed to Make America Great Again for?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So...I though the coal miners and blue collar workers were exactly the people Trump claimed needed to Make America Great Again for?

and what point exactly were you trying to make ?

no context as to WHY Mining JOBS were lost ... but somehow it is Trumps fault JOBS are lost and yet you don't give credit to Trump for JOBS Created

you cannot have it both ways Toe Jam

MiddleGround

I'm sorry but, wasn't it the Liberals that wanted coal mining to go away period? In which case, no one would have a job in the coal mining industry.

Now that the numbers go down you are moaning about job loss??

It's a Trump thing... isn't it?

black dog

Free America
That's interesting, all of my cousins that live in Fayette county WV, that work in the mines are all working..

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm sorry but, wasn't it the Liberals that wanted coal mining to go away period? In which case, no one would have a job in the coal mining industry.

Now that the numbers go down you are moaning about job loss??

It's a Trump thing... isn't it?

It's interesting how liberals cheered Obama and Clinton when they said they wanted to put the coal industry out of business; killing jobs of course. They cheered when Obama said energy prices would 'necessarily skyrocket' as a result. I have family all over WV, from Welch to Buckhannon. They felt the pain of Obama's anti-fossil fuel policies of lost jobs. It will take years to recover.

black dog

Free America
It's interesting how liberals cheered Obama and Clinton when they said they wanted to put the coal industry out of business; killing jobs of course. They cheered when Obama said energy prices would 'necessarily skyrocket' as a result. I have family all over WV, from Welch to Buckhannon. They felt the pain of Obama's anti-fossil fuel policies of lost jobs. It will take years to recover.

I can remember when I was home on leave my mom telling me about the strike of 77 & 78. It took them quite awhile to get over not working for a few months..