16 year olds can now vote...

PsyOps

Pixelated
... in Greenbelt, MD.

Greenbelt lowers voting age to 16

"Greenbelt City Council voted to lower the voting age for city elections from 18 years old to 16 years old on Monday.

The vote was unanimous among the four members present for the meeting."

I had no clue this was a thing. Apparently there are other districts in MD that passed the same thing. At 16, you are still a dependent to your parents. You don't pay taxes, you can't join the military. You can't make any adult decision without consent from your parent/s. You can't even have a full driver's license.

What interest do 16 year old kids in voting? The entire council are liberal democrats. This is about votes, and only votes.

Starman

... in Greenbelt, MD.

"Greenbelt City Council voted to lower the voting age for city elections from 18 years old to 16 years old on Monday.

I had no clue this was a thing. Apparently there are other districts in MD that passed the same thing. At 16, you are still a dependent to your parents. You don't pay taxes, you can't join the military. You can't make any adult decision without consent from your parent/s. You can't even have a full driver's license.

What interest do 16 year old kids in voting? The entire council are liberal democrats. This is about votes, and only votes.

You can obtain a work permit in MD at 14. If you pay taxes, you should be able to vote.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
You can obtain a work permit in MD at 14. If you pay taxes, you should be able to vote.

This should be a stipulation for voting, paying taxes. Imagine how the political landscape would change, if the welfare leeches lost this "right".

This_person

... in Greenbelt, MD.

They can vote, but they've never passed an exam on the Constitution (state or federal). That in and of itself is a problem.

However, I'm not overly concerned with 16 year olds voting. Short of being forced to by their parents, the only ones who will actually vote (as in, not vote "absentee" by having their parents fill it out and send in another ballot they did themselves) are the types that actually do pay attention to politics. How many 16 year olds do you know that do that.

This_person

This should be a stipulation for voting, paying taxes. Imagine how the political landscape would change, if the welfare leeches lost this "right".

It would actually be legal (for a few years, anyway). The only things that the government is restricted from using against you to vote are age, sex, race/color, or having been a slave; and, no poll tax may be required for voting. Seems ok to pass a "do you pay a net positive tax" law - for a few years, anyway.

SamSpade

democrats are looking to increase the voting pool in their favor

I caught about 30 seconds of Tucker last night before switching channels - so I don't know who his guest was, but the topic was DACA and sanctuary status for Calfornia.

He quoted some Democrat whose name I didn't catch that did explicit state that their future voting strength lay totally in getting illegals in here.
Tucker commented he never expected that someone would actually state out loud what everyone assumes to be true - that the push for illegals here is not out of compassion or rights,
but to gain advantage over their political opponents.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Not without parent's consent. Again, they are completely dependent on parent/guardian. And this is an extreme minority. Greenbelt has blanketed an entire sect of their population based on an extreme few. The entire decision was based on allowing minors to vote, not whether they pay taxes or not. It was to pull in more votes to ensure their power-hold. Are you going to tell me that the average 16 year old i even going to understand the issues in order to make a rational decision at the polls? Hell, most seasoned adults can't even do that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
At 16, you are still a dependent to your parents. You don't pay taxes, you can't join the military. You can't make any adult decision without consent from your parent/s. You can't even have a full driver's license.

At 16 you still throw a #### fit when you break curfew and get grounded, and you still think breaking up with your boo is the biggest tragedy that can happen.

So, to recap:

16 year olds are mature enough to have abortions without parental notification or consent; now they are mature enough to vote in elections; and yet if they enter into a consensual sexual relationship with a 20 year old, they are merely children and their paramour is a pedophile.

Do I have that about right?

PsyOps

Pixelated
At 16 you still throw a #### fit when you break curfew and get grounded, and you still think breaking up with your boo is the biggest tragedy that can happen.

So, to recap:

16 year olds are mature enough to have abortions without parental notification or consent; now they are mature enough to vote in elections; and yet if they enter into a consensual sexual relationship with a 20 year old, they are merely children and their paramour is a pedophile.

Spot on!

I've posted it so many time, but here it is again... The people of Greenbelt elected these people. They must want this. To think that so-called "rational adults" want children participating in elections speaks volumes about who they are. I need to see how many people in Greenbelt are on public assistance. That may explain a lot.

This_person

So, to recap:

Or, if they want to take an aspirin at school, they'd best have a medical professional give it.

black dog

Free America
Spot on!

I've posted it so many time, but here it is again... The people of Greenbelt elected these people. They must want this. To think that so-called "rational adults" want children participating in elections speaks volumes about who they are. I need to see how many people in Greenbelt are on public assistance. That may explain a lot.

I believe that Greenbelt has been going through gentrification for the last 15 years or so. Non white races have been leaving for years now. Also income has been climbing steadily for the last 5+ years.

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I believe that Greenbelt has been going through gentrification for the last 15 years or so. Non white races have been leaving you years now. Also income has been climbing steadily for the last 5+ years.

So basically, one day it'll be a slum bubble.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If getting whiter and whiter is a slum bubble, than that's whats happening.
It can get as white as it wants... it's still surrounded by Third World PG County.

it's just going to be a little tiny bubble in the middle.

Starman

Not without parent's consent. Again, they are completely dependent on parent/guardian. And this is an extreme minority. Greenbelt has blanketed an entire sect of their population based on an extreme few. The entire decision was based on allowing minors to vote, not whether they pay taxes or not. It was to pull in more votes to ensure their power-hold. Are you going to tell me that the average 16 year old i even going to understand the issues in order to make a rational decision at the polls? Hell, most seasoned adults can't even do that.

Give me a break - you're so transparent. You only care because you believe they will be voting for your sworn life enemy: the Democrat party. Not only that, you're presuming that's how they will vote.

You said as much.

black dog

Free America
Give me a break - you're so transparent. You only care because you believe they will be voting for your sworn life enemy: the Democrat party. Not only that, you're presuming that's how they will vote.

You said as much.

Does PG, Montgomery, Baltimore co or Baltimore City vote for any other party? :eyebrow: