Red Robin will offset minimum wage hikes by canning busboys

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
One chain axing jobs is Red Robin, which hopes to save about $8 million this year by eliminating busboys at each of its 570 restaurants, the company said Monday.

Red Robin restaurants are located mostly in Western states, where the minimum wage has risen more quickly.

The Colorado-based chain already eliminated so-called expediters — who plate the food in the kitchen — and realized a cost savings of nearly $10 million last year, it said.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Double duty for the wait staff. Oh yeah, I can see where this is going. Pissed off low paid, same level of tipping, increased work load, waitress. Many will quit. Customers will leave due to waits and lower level of service. Have to short this stock.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If I may ...

Double duty for the wait staff. Oh yeah, I can see where this is going. Pissed off low paid, same level of tipping, increased work load, waitress. Many will quit. Customers will leave due to waits and lower level of service. Have to short this stock.

waitresses are a dime a doz. someone will take their places

BOP

One chain axing jobs is Red Robin, which hopes to save about $8 million this year by eliminating busboys at each of its 570 restaurants, the company said Monday.

Red Robin restaurants are located mostly in Western states, where the minimum wage has risen more quickly.

The Colorado-based chain already eliminated so-called expediters — who plate the food in the kitchen — and realized a cost savings of nearly $10 million last year, it said.

I misread the title as "caning," and thought "kinky."