Wolff Admits: Didn’t Interview Any WH Cabinet Officials For Anti-Trump Book

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Host Norah O’Donnell asked Wolf, “Did you speak to any members of the president’s Cabinet for this book?”

Wolff responded, “I did not.”

You did not?” O’Donnell repeated.

“I did not,” Wolff confirmed.

[clip]

“I probably think he had no idea he was speaking to me for this book,” Wolff said. “When I would meet the president in the White House we would chat as though we were friends.”

“But that’s not an interview, to greet someone and say, ‘Hello,’” O’Donnell pointed out. “That’s not a journalistic exercise.”

Wolff struggled to explain away O’Donnell’s point and insisted he did sit down with Trump for three hours during his months in the White House even though Wolff was “sure he [Trump] didn’t think they were interviews.”

Wolff describes quotes from multiple Trump administration Cabinet members in Fire & Fury, including the National Security Advisor and Treasury Secretary.

“For (Treasury Secretary) Steve Mnuchin and (former Trump White House chief of staff) Reince Priebus, the president was an ‘idiot.’ For (former Goldman Sachs exec) Gary Cohn, he was ‘dumb as sh-t.’ For (National Security Adviser) H.R. McMaster he was a ‘dope.’ The list went on,” Wolff said.

‘Fire & Fury’ claims quotes from multiple Cabinet members

in case ya got a problem with InfoWars .... the interview was on CBS

limblips

PREMO Member
Book sellers are frantically moving the book from the politics section to the fiction section.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
It doesn't matter who he interviewed or about what. There are millions of retarded, ignorant registered and unregistered voters that will believe every word of the book just because that's what they are programmed to do.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It’s certainly possible to argue that parts of the book do indeed ring true, but they are overwhelmingly the portions where Wolff is already covering ground journalists have unearthed before him, and where he simply adds color to the tale. A typical Wolff move in this book is to add that Anthony Scaramucci was drinking heavily with Kimberly Guilfoyle the night he called Ryan Lizza for the interview that ultimately lit him on fire.

More problematic is where the book ventures far afield from the New York media gossip world Wolff knows so well. That’s what could lead Wolff to imply that Donald Trump, who had been complaining about John Boehner for years, actually didn’t know who he was in 2017. That’s what could lead Wolff to claim Kellyanne Conway led a “small-time down-ballot polling firm” with no national campaign experience, instead of actually being a longtime prominent pollster for Republican candidates (including presidential ones) and corporate clients.

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/KSoltisAnderson/status/949341989232939010[/TWITTER]

That’s what could lead Wolff to describe Stephen Miller as an “effective intern” for the Trump campaign with no real policy knowledge, when in reality (whatever you think of his policy views) Miller was one of the most experienced policy players early on in Trump-world, and even aided in creating its signature immigration policy paper even before joining the campaign. But Bannon calls him “my typist,” and this must ring true.

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/jpodhoretz/status/949035942572183553?[/TWITTER]

It’s no accident that in each of these descriptions, Wolff chooses to flatter his primary source’s frame. His criticisms of Reince Priebus, Sean Spicer, Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump, Donald Trump Jr., and even Anthony Scaramucci are Bannon’s criticisms. The book is full of plaudits for Bannon’s capacity for historical reference, his vision, and his stature. Its strongest critique is that he and his public relations associates in Breitbart world are disorganized, and that he has liver spots and jowls.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/01/08/michael-wolffs-error-filled-book-steve-bannons-happened/

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The idea that Nikki Haley is understood only in relationship to “Jarvanka,” even as she is characterized according to Wolff by a member of the senior staff (I wonder who) as “as ambitious as Lucifer,” does more than inaccurately reflect her status. It does the reader the disrespect of confusing a nickname with a faction. As Haley herself responded yesterday on ABC’s This Week: “I don’t know if it was 200 interviews with Steve Bannon, or if it was 200 interviews with himself.”

As Haley indicated, you ought to be forgiven for wondering what percentage of those 200 Wolff interviews were actually just extensive Bannon monologues. As a reader, I felt rather gypped. “Fire and Fury” was indeed supposedly based on 200 interviews over 18 months, but the book’s closing chapter is the ascendancy of John Kelly, which happened in the last week of July. After Bannon was pushed out following Kelly’s rise, it appears Wolff lost what remaining access he had to the White House.

You miss out on basically everything internal after July, which makes one wonder why there are so many basic typos and errors that disrupt the book (couldn’t they have caught “Trump Towner,” the multiple uses of “pubic” instead of “public,” or the fact that Dick Armey is not in fact a former speaker of the house?). If the reporting for this book effectively ended five months ago, what’s the excuse for this?

http://thefederalist.com/2018/01/08/michael-wolffs-error-filled-book-steve-bannons-happened/

Hijinx

Host Norah O’Donnell asked Wolf, “Did you speak to any members of the president’s Cabinet for this book?”

Wolff responded, “I did not.”

You did not?” O’Donnell repeated.

“I did not,” Wolff confirmed.

[clip]

“I probably think he had no idea he was speaking to me for this book,” Wolff said. “When I would meet the president in the White House we would chat as though we were friends.”

“But that’s not an interview, to greet someone and say, ‘Hello,’” O’Donnell pointed out. “That’s not a journalistic exercise.”

Wolff struggled to explain away O’Donnell’s point and insisted he did sit down with Trump for three hours during his months in the White House even though Wolff was “sure he [Trump] didn’t think they were interviews.”

Wolff describes quotes from multiple Trump administration Cabinet members in Fire & Fury, including the National Security Advisor and Treasury Secretary.

“For (Treasury Secretary) Steve Mnuchin and (former Trump White House chief of staff) Reince Priebus, the president was an ‘idiot.’ For (former Goldman Sachs exec) Gary Cohn, he was ‘dumb as sh-t.’ For (National Security Adviser) H.R. McMaster he was a ‘dope.’ The list went on,” Wolff said.

‘Fire & Fury’ claims quotes from multiple Cabinet members

in case ya got a problem with InfoWars .... the interview was on CBS

[]

Guy looks like a penis wearing a black suit.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I didn't know Kitty Kelley changed her name to Mike Wolff.

Kitty Kelley actually interviews people for her books and let's them know they are being interviewed for a book. She also does some investigation and digs out past interviews and news stories, court documents and other materials.

This guy sounds like he just took all the crazy rumors by "anonymous sources" in the NYT and WashPo and made a book out of them.

This_person

Kitty Kelley actually interviews people for her books and let's them know they are being interviewed for a book. She also does some investigation and digs out past interviews and news stories, court documents and other materials.

This guy sounds like he just took all the crazy rumors by "anonymous sources" in the NYT and WashPo and made a book out of them.

:lol:

All true. I just meant the sensationalism and exaggeration. But, you're right, this guy sounds like fiction more than exaggeration.