FBI can't break into encrypted phones

Starman

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...tion-urgent-public-safety-issue-idUSKBN1EY1S7

Reuters Article said:
The inability of law enforcement authorities to access data from electronic devices due to powerful encryption is an “urgent public safety issue,” FBI Director Christopher Wray said on Tuesday as he sought to renew a contentious debate over privacy and security.

The FBI supports strong encryption and information security broadly, Wray said, but described the current status quo as untenable.

“We face an enormous and increasing number of cases that rely heavily, if not exclusively, on electronic evidence,” Wray told an audience of FBI agents, international law enforcement representatives and private sector cyber professionals. A solution requires “significant innovation,” Wray said, “but I just do not buy the claim that it is impossible.”

Wray’s remarks echoed those of his predecessor, James Comey, who before being fired by President Donald Trump in May frequently spoke about the dangers of unbreakable encryption.

You know what else is an urgent public safety issue? We the People being secure in our papers and effects, that's what.

It's not clear what he's advocating -- does he want mathematics outlawed?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
What are you hiding beside the fact you a gay paranoid liberal?

There are other groups besides the gay paranoid libs that don't want the fibs going through our ####, but I'm not going to debate whether or not he belongs to any of these groups.

Hijinx

What did the FBI do before they could snatch cell phone?
Didn't they gather evidence some other way?

Why should a person's cell phone be a short cut for he FBI?

glhs837

Power with Control
A solution requires “significant innovation,” Wray said, “but I just do not buy the claim that it is impossible.”

Excuse while I translate - "Whaaaa, I want my govt required backdoor, and I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!"

Screw off buddy. No such thing as an openended search warrant to riffle through citizens private stuff.

This_person

Excuse while I translate - "Whaaaa, I want my govt required backdoor, and I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!"

Screw off buddy. No such thing as an openended search warrant to riffle through citizens private stuff.

Well, except for the TSA, IRS, and sobriety checkpoints.