‘Lucille’ from Cool Hand Luke car wash scene speaks

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/01/cool-hand-luke-joy-harmon/

She was credited simply as The Girl, but anyone who ever saw Cool Hand Luke knows her as Lucille.

Joy Harmon was the 27-year-old actress who tantalized a chain-gang of sweaty convicts in the Paul Newman classic, which opened in theaters 50 years ago, on Nov. 1, 1967. Though her scene is only three minutes and 15 seconds long and she doesn’t deliver a single line of dialogue, Harmon and her costar — a 1941 DeSoto — made a major impression on the characters and movie audiences. Not that Harmon was totally aware of her impact.

“I was just washing a car to my best ability and having fun with it, with the sponge and everything,” says Harmon, now a grandmother of six. “My concept of the [scene] was not like what came out. I was not aware that there were two meanings to things that I was doing, and I’m still not really that much aware of what they all were.”

https://youtu.be/Bp9PbPtQVGM

glhs837

Power with Control
“My concept of the [scene] was not like what came out. I was not aware that there were two meanings to things that I was doing, and I’m still not really that much aware of what they all were.”

Unless they pulled her straight from a convent where she had been raised since age 2, there is no way in hell she didn't know exactly what was going on there. "Take those white suds and drip them onto your torso and them rub them in", "now put the hose near your mouth and drink"....riiight :)

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Unless they pulled her straight from a convent where she had been raised since age 2, there is no way in hell she didn't know exactly what was going on there. "Take those white suds and drip them onto your torso and them rub them in", "now put the hose near your mouth and drink"....riiight :)

No matter - that scene just shows a beautiful young lady having fun washing the car, regardless of any innuendos taken from it. So what if she was being ogled, and she knew it? Besides, she probably enjoyed the paycheck and 15 minutes of fame, right?:killingme:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
..... there is no way in hell she didn't know exactly what was going on there. "Take those white suds and drip them onto your torso and them rub them in", "now put the hose near your mouth and drink"....riiight :)

No matter - that scene just shows a beautiful young lady having fun washing the car, regardless of any innuendos taken from it. So what if she was being ogled, and she knew it? Besides, she probably enjoyed the paycheck and 15 minutes of fame, right?:killingme:

Yeah She Knew ..... Women Always Know