BEWARE: Montage Furniture Warranty

MiddleGround

This is a warning to anyone who will be purchasing new furniture in the near and distant future.

Summarized to avoid getting lengthy:

I purchased a sectional couch and dining room set from Raley's in Lexington Park about 1 year ago. Along with the purchase, I was talked into adding the warranty plan through Montage. About six weeks ago, one of the dining room set chairs got a stain on it from one of the children. I immediately read through my warranty plan and followed their instructions to the letter (wasn't hard. Had to attempt clean up with water and clean rag. After that, had to call Montage)

I called the company and got the instructions for their LENGTHY claim procedure. Multiple pictures, in-depth explanation of what was done by me, etc.

After all was said and done, I submitted my claim and waited. Waited for 10 days for a response. DENIED!! I immediately called them up and was told that "The level of soiling indicates that the stain has been on the chair for an excessive period and will not be covered." I asked the CS rep about it and she told me "It doesn't look old or bad." After which, she re-submitted the claim. Another 5 days went by. DENIED!!

After 5 calls to managers and CS reps, I decided to open a case with the BBB. I am on my 2nd response with the company (BBB moderating) but so far, it looks like I will end up getting screwed!

Long story short = DO NOT GET A MONTAGE WARRANTY!!! These people will take your money and leave you hanging! Review the BBB complaints before deciding. There are over 300 of them! Quite a lot of them with the same lame excuse they used on me for not having to honor their warranty.

I also called Raley's to let them know that Montage is a bunch of crooks and recommended to them that they stop using them as a warranty service. Personally, I will not purchase another piece of furniture from them if they still use them.

Clem72

tl;dr - Most warrantees you have to purchase are bunk. All furniture warrantees are a scam.

MiddleGround

tl;dr - Most warrantees you have to purchase are bunk. All furniture warrantees are a scam.

Typically I would agree. This was sold to me as a good warranty to cover the $8K+ furniture I purchased. Having kids, this sounded like a good idea.

I do not blame Raleys (at least not then, if they still carry it I will never buy from them again)

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Typically I would agree. This was sold to me as a good warranty to cover the $8K+ furniture I purchased. Having kids, this sounded like a good idea. I do not blame Raleys (at least not then, if they still carry it I will never buy from them again)

Sales of warranties at the point-of-sale are nearly always worthless to the buyer, but, are extremely profitable for the seller and the "warranty" company. So, in this case, Raleys, is in part to blame, as they profit greatly from each sale. Especially since you were, "talked into adding the warranty plan". This falls under the category of, "You have been had/taken". Sorry. Live and learn the hard way.