Old firearms advertisements

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Holy carp! Magazine ads from the good old days.

Check out that 20mm antitank rifle! Those bring $22,000 now and are NFA. The individual shells can go for $40 each. That's some expensive shootin'.. It's one lucky bastid that bought rifle and ammo from that magazine ad back then that still has both now. Guess I'll have to settle for a Sten..:lmao:

Colt ad.jpg Sten ad.jpg 20mm ad.jpg
Youtube video ...atsa beeg cannon...

[video=youtube;AqsgC_ifo7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqsgC_ifo7w[/video]

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Apex still has some of these up for sale. However, a search for the availability of 23mm ammo for them turned up almost nothing. So I punted...:nomoney:

GSH-23_700x500.png gsh-23_v1.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
not a bad profit on the Sten ... considering the only cost the brits something like $ 5 bucks to manufacture

Bonehead

Anyone remember Shotgun News, their ads were awesome...Norinco milled receiver AK-47 with a 100 round drum mag for 200 $.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Anyone remember Shotgun News, their ads were awesome...Norinco milled receiver AK-47 with a 100 round drum mag for 200 $.

Sure do! Used to receive that and share it among a couple friends when it came out. I'd forgotten all about it...

I remember passing by the piles of old surplus bolt-action military rifles stacked like cordwood in the department stores. You could buy a perfectly sound rifle for 49.95, all smothered in cosmoline. We didn't bother with them for the most part; those were considered beneath us. And now look at what some of the better condition ones bring!..

Back in '93, when the AWB was getting ready to take effect, Roses department store had a red tag sale on everything in stock that was going to affected. A bunch of us went there and bought a trunk load. I think the Norinco MAK-90s were going for $279 and the SKS's for $179..

Last edited: