Lawful neutral

Attachments

• 2018-01-11_7-04-39.jpg
    2018-01-11_7-04-39.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 601

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'd say that's pretty accurate for me. I still have my 2004 Highlander, although it has been banished from the garage after being replaced by my new pretty!

Hannibal

Wow, that's quite the endorsement of the Honda family and Toyota owning the Top 12 spots on the list. Oddly enough, I've never owned a Toyota. Had a couple Accords though and will probably go back for another.

I would've thought there'd be a couple more "common" pickup trucks on the list (Silverado/Sierra, F150, Ram).

RPMDAD

Kept my first Toyota Tacoma for 18 years and 320,000 miles, have had my second Toyota Tacoma since 2004.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I must say I love my 2013 Camry. Solidly built, comfortable, and great gas mileage. :yay:

glhs837

Power with Control
Wow, that's quite the endorsement of the Honda family and Toyota owning the Top 12 spots on the list. Oddly enough, I've never owned a Toyota. Had a couple Accords though and will probably go back for another.

I would've thought there'd be a couple more "common" pickup trucks on the list (Silverado/Sierra, F150, Ram).

I think the pickup thing is that while folks but the crap out of them new, they also trade them or sell them before that 15 year mark is reached. Daughter loves her 2007 Fit she bought used. Plans to buy a newer Civic I think. A bit too "normal" for my taste, but it's a darn nice transportation appliance. Coworker let me test drive her new Civic a few weeks back. Was a great car. Not my cup of tea, but perfectly good. With her permission, took a sweeping corner a little "hot", by which I mean maybe we hit .5g :) Was nice and stable and tracked well. She was startled, said she would never take a corner that fast :) I wouldn't ever buy one myself but would recommend them to folks who view driving as a chore.

stgislander

PREMO Member
My surprise is the Grand Cherokee is not on that list. My '95 which I bought used in '98-99 has been rock solid. I guess I was lucky.

glhs837

Power with Control
My surprise is the Grand Cherokee is not on that list. My '95 which I bought used in '98-99 has been rock solid. I guess I was lucky.

Speaks to my point about the trucks. I'm pretty sure this data is based on new vehicle registrations kept active by that original purchaser. Your new truck guys that keep them 15 years are far outstripped by the new truck every 3-5 years, while your buy a used truck in the 3-5 year old range folks are the folks that keep them for 15-20 years.

OldHillcrestGuy

WOW I have 2 of the top 3 vehicles listed. I have a Toyota Highlander that I bought new in 2005, has 123,000 miles and is my go to vehicle, Mr.Dependable. One of my other rides is a 2006 Toyota Tundra with 60,000 miles that I bought used in Feb 2009, when it had about 25,000 miles. Also have 2009 Corolla with 90,000 that's not on the list. Have had no major problems from my Toyota's, but several from my 2002 Grand Prix and 2003 T-Bird that are now fixed.
Before I got my first Toyota, I had Subaru's for over 19 years with no problems.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
2004 Toyota Solara 483,000 miles with very few problems, next car Rav4 when the Solara gives up.

:yay: My missus recently did a bunch of research in to what to get to replace her nearly worn out Murano and the Rav4 ended up at the top of her list. Honda CRV was #2.

b23hqb

PREMO Member

My 1996 Ranger just keeps on keeping on with almost 250k on it, a bit beat up from all the work I've done with it, and the best vehicle I've ever owned. My 2010 F150 will carry on to similar numbers, and outside of a minor scratch and a small ding or two, looks like new both inside and out. .

littlelady

God bless the USA

I was wondering why Toyota 4Runner wasn’t on the OP list. I see it is on your lists. We have 2003 4Runner; that makes it 15 years old. It has never given us a day of trouble; just usual maintenance. Our mechanic would say the motor and mecnical parts would way outlast the body of the car.

GregV814

I didn't see my Yugo GT on the list....huh... well, my back up is the famous "Le-Car" it goes into reverse when approaching a speed bump....

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
As there are no full size pickups on that list i find it questionable.