Marylanders want offshore wind power

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

mAlice

professional daydreamer
...until they start taking out the eagles, osprey and other birds. Then they'll cry fowl!

nutz

Well there is is....the "people have spoken". :coffee:

No surprise

"The Business Network For Offshore Wind (BizMDOSW) immediately commented on the approval, saying it commends the Maryland Public Service Commission for awarding financing for the two offshore wind projects and thus solidifying offshore wind as a US industry."....."the net ratepayer bill impacts associated with the Commission’s approval are projected to be less than USD 1.40 per month for residential customers and less than a 1.4 percent impact on the annual bills of commercial and industrial (C&I) customers"

https://www.offshorewind.biz/2017/0...-go-ahead-to-us-wind-deepwater-wind-projects/

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Pretty hard to "hide" one these rascals. The sheer size of the offshore turbines is mind-boggling...

These are being handled from the support port facilities in Esbjerg, Denmark, where I spent several weeks working last October.

galloper-nacelles-start-clicking-in-esbjerg-1024x577-768x433.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Maine offshore project hits a snag...I expect this will happen with other state's projects to some degree.

However, according to the latest news from the local media, fishermen using mobile gear are allowed to operate in the charted cable way since the cable is inactive and they would have been otherwise prohibited from fishing there. If the offshore wind project would had gone ahead with adding its cable, the Maine Department of Marine Resources would have had to restrict fishing in the route area.

The project team had identified eleven other cable routes and will start investigating two most favourable of those in March 2018.

https://www.offshorewind.biz/2018/01/23/maine-aqua-ventus-abandons-port-clyde-landfall-option/?utm_source=emark&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily-update-offshore-wind-2018-01-24&uid=69352