Kudos To President Trump

awpitt

Main Streeter
My youngest son got a very nice note in the mail. He graduated from high school this past Spring and now he received a commemorative note from the White House regarding his graduation. I really don’t know how he made the cut but he was really excited to receive it. He’s in the process of writing a thank you letter to mail back to the White House. This was not only a very special gesture on the part of President Trump, it was very nice. So, Kudos To President Trump!

Attachments

• wh - Copy.jpg
    wh - Copy.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 559
Last edited:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
My youngest son got a very nice note in the mail. He graduated from high school this past Spring and now he received a commemorative note from the White House regarding his graduation. I really don’t know how he made the cut but he was really excited to receive it. He’s in the process of writing a thank you letter to mail back to the White House. This was not only a very special gesture on the part of President Trump, it was very nice. So, Kudos To President Trump!

:patriot::patriot:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Very nice indeed! :yay:

Even though I despise the word you use to describe it, you should be proud.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
What do you despise? I didn't mean to say anything bad about it. It was a very nice note my son received.

I just don't like the word "kudos". I once worked for a firm that used "kudos" as opposed to, you know, actually rewarding hard work with monetary compensation.

I didn't mean for my post to be derogatory. You should be very proud of your son's recognition by any sitting president.

seven

I just don't like the word "kudos". I once worked for a firm that used "kudos" as opposed to, you know, actually rewarding hard work with monetary compensation.

I didn't mean for my post to be derogatory. You should be very proud of your son's recognition by any sitting president.

:twitch:

awpitt

Main Streeter

I just used the term "kudos" because that was what I'm used to, having been in the Navy. I consider it to be a very positive term. Like Bravo Zulo. That's why I used it.

awpitt

Main Streeter

...and thank you very much for your kind wishes for my son's well wishes from President Trump.

Grumpy

I just don't like the word "kudos".

No disrespect, but I have always wondered why that so many folks dislike/hate that word. I know 4 or 5 who despise it. I always thought the worst things at work were commendations..eff that, gimme money.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How neat! Did your son do something special to receive it or are all graduates getting one?

awpitt

Main Streeter
How neat! Did your son do something special to receive it or are all graduates getting one?

No. Nothing special. He was just a "regular" graduate. He was in an Engineering program at the Tech Center where he earned a semester's worth of college credits during high school and he was involved with building and programming drones and took part in drone competitions. But beyond that, there's wasn't anything super special. I thought maybe it was something that all of last year's grads got from the White House but from talking to some of the fellow parents, that's not the case.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No. Nothing special. He was just a "regular" graduate. He was in an Engineering program at the Tech Center where he earned a semester's worth of college credits during high school and he was involved with building and programming drones and took part in drone competitions. But beyond that, there's wasn't anything super special. I thought maybe it was something that all of last year's grads got from the White House but from talking to some of the fellow parents, that's not the case.

Well, it's pretty cool anyway. :yay: