Bloomberg wins Fake News of the week

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So it reported China was reversing its bond buying policy -- even though no one in China was saying that.

Why did Bloomberg run the story without getting China's side of the story?

The next day, Agence France Presse reported:

China on Thursday denied a report that it may slow or cease its purchases of US Treasury bonds, which sent the dollar falling.

Bloomberg News reported Wednesday that officials reviewing China's foreign-exchange holdings had recommended slowing or halting purchases of US Treasuries, citing people familiar with the matter.

"We think this story could be quoting a mistaken source or it could also be a piece of fake news," the State Administration of Foreign Exchange said in a statement on its website.

No apology.

No retraction.

No credibility.

This is the Dark Ages of American journalism, not because of Trump but because of frauds like Mike Bloomberg.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
So it reported China was reversing its bond buying policy -- even though no one in China was saying that.

China on Thursday denied a report that it may slow or cease its purchases of US Treasury bonds, which sent the dollar falling.

Bloomberg News reported Wednesday that officials reviewing China's foreign-exchange holdings had recommended slowing or halting purchases of US Treasuries, citing people familiar with the matter.

"We think this story could be quoting a mistaken source or it could also be a piece of fake news," the State Administration of Foreign Exchange said in a statement on its website.

No apology.

No retraction.

No credibility.

This is the Dark Ages of American journalism, not because of Trump but because of frauds like Mike Bloomberg.

I wonder how much money Soros made on the propaganda.

Starman

You kids are adorable.

Of course it was fake news. It was a story promulgated by China to let the portly orange moron who is boss.

What do you think happens to interest rates in the U.S. if China stops buying T-Bills?

transporter

No apology.

No retraction.

No credibility.

Christ all mighty. Did you bother to look at what Bloomberg reported?? OBVIOUSLY NOT!'

Here is the actual report as it aired on TV: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...re-said-to-view-treasuries-as-less-attractive

If you ACTUALLY LISTEN TO THE ACTUAL WORDS USED...(you don't need to divine intent like you do with our incompetent President)...you will CLEARLY understand what was reported and what was not reported. it was NOT reported that China is reducing purchases. It was clearly reported that this was an idea or recommendation being floated. It was just as clearly reported (around 2:00- 2:05 mark) that no official confirmation of this is likely.

GURPS YOU ARE FAKE NEWS.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
transporter;5840722 GURPS [B said:
YOU [/B]ARE FAKE NEWS.

Say sweetie..speaking of fakes and misinformation, when you going to explain how you successfully managed to pay your 2019 property taxes early so that you can deduct that from your 2017 income? :coffee:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Senior government officials in Beijing reviewing the nation’s foreign-exchange holdings have recommended slowing or halting purchases of U.S. Treasuries, according to people familiar with the matter.

So, the choices are (1.) Bloomberg made the story completely up, or (2.) someone in China fed a third party (people familiar with the matter) false information and had them give it to Bloomberg knowing that Bloomberg would run with it.

In years past I'd say #2 was more likely. Today who knows. Either way fake news.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Christ all mighty. Did you bother to look at what Bloomberg reported?? OBVIOUSLY NOT!'

GURPS YOU ARE FAKE NEWS.

Fish in a barrel ......

yeah as a matter of fact, I read this Bloomberg Article last week

China Gives Bond Traders Another Reason to be Nervous

(2.) someone in China fed a third party (people familiar with the matter) false information and had them give it to Bloomberg knowing that Bloomberg would run with it.

In years past I'd say #2 was more likely. Today who knows. Either way fake news.

I'll Take 'What is Chinese Fake News' for $ 1000 Alex.

Chris0nllyn

Say sweetie..speaking of fakes and misinformation, when you going to explain how you successfully managed to pay your 2019 property taxes early so that you can deduct that from your 2017 income? :coffee:

Jesus. Give it a rest.

Until you practice what you preach, no one owes you anything.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Jesus. Give it a rest.

Until you practice what you preach, no one owes you anything.

Get a clue child. Ole Tranny made a HUGE deal out of my question of "how does one take early tax credit on something never billed". Tranny deserves every last bit of ridicule earned from being so wrong.

Oh..and go #### yourself...kid.

seven

Get a clue child. Ole Tranny made a HUGE deal out of my question of "how does one take early tax credit on something never billed". Tranny deserves every last bit of ridicule earned from being so wrong.

Oh..and go #### yourself...kid.

He's right Douche!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You know, I'd be interested knowing how the tranny did that as well. Inquiring minds.... Inquiring minds.