Warren Opposed NSA Data Collection but Wants CFPB to Gather Financial Data on Americans

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In June 2013, as a first-year senator, Warren joined a bipartisan group of 26 senators in a letter to then-Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, raising questions about the NSA metadata gathering.

Warren’s office did not respond to inquiries from The Daily Signal for this article.

Even former CFPB Director Richard Cordray has said the personal information isn’t entirely safe, countered House Financial Services Committee Chairman Jeb Hensarling, R-Texas.

“The American people should rightfully be worried about the massive amounts of private information a single government agency collects on their personal lives, especially when the former director of the agency acknowledged that the data held by the CFPB is ‘not 100 percent secure,’” Hensarling told The Daily Signal in an email statement.

“In this age of criminal hackers, data breaches and identity theft, we must safeguard the privacy and security of America’s private, personal information,” the Texas lawmaker added. “Considering the scale of data-collection efforts by the CFPB, I applaud Acting Director Mulvaney for taking such bold action to protect Americans.”

http://dailysignal.com/2018/01/14/e...llection-demands-more-info-gathering-at-cfpb/

Hijinx

In June 2013, as a first-year senator, Warren joined a bipartisan group of 26 senators in a letter to then-Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, raising questions about the NSA metadata gathering.

Warren’s office did not respond to inquiries from The Daily Signal for this article.

Even former CFPB Director Richard Cordray has said the personal information isn’t entirely safe, countered House Financial Services Committee Chairman Jeb Hensarling, R-Texas.

“The American people should rightfully be worried about the massive amounts of private information a single government agency collects on their personal lives, especially when the former director of the agency acknowledged that the data held by the CFPB is ‘not 100 percent secure,’” Hensarling told The Daily Signal in an email statement.

“In this age of criminal hackers, data breaches and identity theft, we must safeguard the privacy and security of America’s private, personal information,” the Texas lawmaker added. “Considering the scale of data-collection efforts by the CFPB, I applaud Acting Director Mulvaney for taking such bold action to protect Americans.”

http://dailysignal.com/2018/01/14/e...llection-demands-more-info-gathering-at-cfpb/

Warren supposedly taught and studied law.
She must have skipped over the part that ensures privacy to individuals.

BOP

Warren supposedly taught and studied law.
She must have skipped over the part that ensures privacy to individuals.

I think she's a donor to, er, I mean graduate of the William Jefferson Clinton school of law (formerly known as Bubba's Jailhouse Lawyering) where you can minor in massages with happy endings and cigar studies. They teach that nothing in the Constitution actually applies unless it's politically expedient.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I think she's a donor to, er, I mean graduate of the William Jefferson Clinton school of law (formerly known as Bubba's Jailhouse Lawyering) where you can minor in massages with happy endings and cigar studies. They teach that nothing in the Constitution actually applies unless it's politically expedient.

:lol: and :yay: