How did you spend your MNLK day?

transporter

Most of you presumably had the day off...did you:

1. volunteer at a local soup kitchen, homeless shelter or church activity designed to help those in need?

2. Did you mentor a young person?

3. Did you take time to reflect on the endearing promise this country strives to be?

4. Did you spend your third day in a row playing golf?

If you were an incompetent President of the United States in the midst of a(nother) self inflicted political storm swirling around your latest ignorant and racially motivated comments, obviously you played golf!!

SamSpade

Same thing I do on President's Day, Labor Day and Columbus Day.
I enjoy my day off.

America is free, and I am under no compulsion to do anything a certain way.

I'd ask what you did, but --- I really don't care.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Most of you presumably had the day off...did you:

1. volunteer at a local soup kitchen, homeless shelter or church activity designed to help those in need?

2. Did you mentor a young person?

3. Did you take time to reflect on the endearing promise this country strives to be?

4. Did you spend your third day in a row playing golf?

If you were an incompetent President of the United States in the midst of a(nother) self inflicted political storm swirling around your latest ignorant and racially motivated comments, obviously you played golf!!

Why do I have to wait for MLK day?
I do 1, 2 and 3 all the time.......
I like fishing better than golf, so if you substitute that for golf ......trifecta or quadfecta......

PeoplesElbow

I did a good house cleaning, threw out some crap I don't need, and made some good fried chicken. Oh and watched a couple more episodes of GLOW on Netflix.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Not that I'd ever expect you to ever respond [honestly] in a thread, but what did you do?

That is a good question to ask her, since she started the thread. You are probably right that she won’t answer. If she doesn’t that would make her a hypocrite. And, what does the “N” stand for in MNLK in her title?

littlelady

God bless the USA
I worked.

Good for you! Some companies don’t recognize certain holidays like MLK Bday. Grainger is one of them who is my daughter’s employer. She worked, too, and she is less than 2 weeks away from the birth of her son. Hub and I babysat and grocery shopped for her because she has so much going on. Happy MLK Day, LB.

I hope trans thinks helping one’s own family on MLK bday is acceptable.

Last edited:

Hank

my war
Unlike you, Starman actually engages in intellectual debate. Not that I agree with it. You....can go back under your bridge....just sayin’

And what do you do? Nothing intellectual, that's for sure. You troll. That's about it. Pot meet Kettle.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
In many southern states, they also celebrate general Lee's birthday on MLK day.