Can someone provide a translation?

Starman

I don't have a Dotard-to-English dictionary handy:

tRumpTwitter said:
Senator Dicky Durbin totally misrepresented what was said at the DACA meeting. Deals can’t get made when there is no trust! Durbin blew DACA and is hurting our Military.

What does DACA have to do with the military? Is he trying to say that if the government shuts down over DACA that it will somehow hurt the military? Or did his big mouth wreck some military alliance(s) that he's trying to put on someone else? Perhaps something else altogether? Please enlighten me.

Can any MAGAt provide an assist?

Starman

OK genius. The Dems want to tie DACA legislation to a spending bill that effects/affects military spending.....

You were close

Generally, military spending hasn't been threatened when they toy around with these shutdowns. Do you have any sources that connect those dots for me?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Generally, military spending hasn't been threatened when they toy around with these shutdowns. Do you have any sources that connect those dots for me?
Google broke?
Last time I’m helping you genius....
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/government-shutdown-looms-daca-deal-sight/story?id=52356047
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/09/politics/democrats-daca-negotiations/index.html
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/government-shutdown-looms-daca-deal-sight/story?id=52356047

Have you ever felt bad about being so wrong on so many different topics on these forums?

You usually just go hide when called out.....just sayin’

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA

What does DACA have to do with the military? Is he trying to say that if the government shuts down over DACA that it will somehow hurt the military? Or did his big mouth wreck some military alliance(s) that he's trying to put on someone else? Perhaps something else altogether? Please enlighten me.

I thought you thought you knew everything. Oh well.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

And having the nerve to call anyone else stupid or uninformed...

baxter

The federal government funds the military, if the govt shuts down,,,,,,,,,,,, Its just the little whining Dems that cant seem to get over there loss in the election,,,they need daycare. Its just sad, if they don't get there way,,,then no one does

SamSpade

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the gist I got from all week was, Dems won't sign anything to keep the government open unless they get what they want on DACA.
And one of the things they want is reduced funding for the military, presumably to fund it.

Did I miss anything?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the gist I got from all week was, Dems won't sign anything to keep the government open unless they get what they want on DACA.
And one of the things they want is reduced funding for the military, presumably to fund it.

Did I miss anything?

No, our Star genius didn’t get it. Gets called out on his not so genius Post. Ignores thread, repeat........

transporter

And having the nerve to call anyone else stupid or uninformed...

Wow...you even need THIS explained to you?

Ex of stupidity: STATING that a court making a decision doesn't make it legal. That is stupid since it is the basic function of the courts to decide legality.

Not stupid: ASKING for an explanation of something you don't understand.

Now as for the topic at hand, everyone knows the deal here to be made including BOTH sides in Congress. A DACA fix in trade for added funding for "border security". It also appears that many in Congress understand that "border security" does not mean a "beautiful 30 foot tall physical wall". The members in Congress who are negotiating this appeared to have a deal the other day. The problem? As usual, our incompetent President. He has NO idea what his position is. He has NO idea how to negotiate with people who possess power in equal terms to his (meaning he can't just bully to get his way...of course he would have to know what he wanted in the first place.)

PsyOps

Pixelated
Wow...you even need THIS explained to you?

Ex of stupidity: STATING that a court making a decision doesn't make it legal. That is stupid since it is the basic function of the courts to decide legality.

Not stupid: ASKING for an explanation of something you don't understand.

Now as for the topic at hand, everyone knows the deal here to be made including BOTH sides in Congress. A DACA fix in trade for added funding for "border security". It also appears that many in Congress understand that "border security" does not mean a "beautiful 30 foot tall physical wall". The members in Congress who are negotiating this appeared to have a deal the other day. The problem? As usual, our incompetent President. He has NO idea what his position is. He has NO idea how to negotiate with people who possess power in equal terms to his (meaning he can't just bully to get his way...of course he would have to know what he wanted in the first place.)

Strawman's question was - what does DACA have to do with the military; in which you provided no answer. Genius! :rolleyes:

Hijinx

Strawman's question was - what does DACA have to do with the military; in which you provided no answer. Genius! :rolleyes:

If the Congress wants DACA all they have to do is pass a law.

Instead they want to close down the government over an EO that they should have fixed years ago.

Pass the Budget and then do your job , you pack of government teat sucking LOADS.

PsyOps

Pixelated
During a shutdown, non-essential government workers do not show up to work. Military are considered essential and report to work. What's interesting is, non-essential get back pay for not working. Military get back pay for working. Figure that crap out.

Military folks should pray a shutdown doesn't happen around payday, because the government is not obligated to pay them during a shutdown, even though they are required to report to work. Once the government is funded, military folks will received retroactive pay.

So, to a degree, Trump is right that a shutdown could have a negative impact on our military. A lot of them - lower ranking enlisted with families - live payday to payday. Missing a paycheck could hurt them. This is what's particularly annoying about this whole thing... our government plays these games, and those that serve our country with their lives, are impacted by these petty and selfish political games.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.

The Democrats are threatening to shut down the federal government over DACA. As such, a continuing resolution (CR) will probably be what happens (again) to keep the govt funded (as opposed to a new budget). CRs keep monies at "steady state" meaning the "new" funds the military needs to improve, re-equip, whatever that would have come from a new Defense Authorization (DA) don't. So you're both correct and not; old monies are not threatened, new monies are.

--- End of line.