Demolition: Bonus-Paying CEO Schools Pelosi on Economics

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
How are Democrats dealing with reality's immediate, real-time refutation of their scare tactics and bogus predictions? By ignoring them completely, by downplaying them by focusing on other issues ('s***hole,' another instance of Trump being his own worst enemy), or by making bone-headed remarks like Pelosi's, which only highlights her own elitist condescension and aloofness. Fox Business Network invited Waste Management CEO James Fish on the air to react to what Pelosi said, breaking down whether his company's investments in its workforce could reasonably be characterized as "pathetic" or "crumbs." The clip begins with anchor Liz Claman mocking the San Francisco leftist's strange use of the odd phrase "put the schmooze on," then proceeds from there: [video at the link]

Claman asks Fish how he'd reply to Pelosi's comments if she deigned to meet with him, and his answer is terrific -- polite, informative, and devastating. He calmly explains three points: (1) The tens of thousands of employees receiving $2,000 tax reform-inspired bonuses are working people -- "drivers, helpers on the back of trucks, recycle workers, landfill workers, customer service agents" -- who earn $40-$60k annually. An extra two grand in their pockets (in addition to their tax cuts) is a big deal. "We're giving [these bonuses] to those folks because not only because they're hardworking, but they don't participate in our annual bonus plans, which typically are for salaried employees," he says. (2) Injecting $68 million into the economy in the form of augmented income for middle class employees has a stimulative effect on the broader economy. (3) "From a shareholder standpoint, this is good for us because retention is always an issue for our company. It's always an issue for companies that employ drivers and hourly employees like these, so this is good for us in terms of retention." He goes on to say that turnover in Waste Management's ranks often occurs during an employee's first two years with the company, so "hopefully this encourages them to stay."

Demolition: Bonus-Paying CEO Schools Pelosi on Economics

Hijinx

I thought the CEO gave a wonderful response.

Strange that Nancy Pelosi didn't realize the facts when she mouthed off.

This_person

I thought the CEO gave a wonderful response.

Strange that Nancy Pelosi didn't realize the facts when she mouthed off.

Your post is the only one on topic (except the OP, obviously). Can't you see that diversion and distraction are in play here, and discussing the topic is not allowed?

Hijinx

Your post is the only one on topic (except the OP, obviously). Can't you see that diversion and distraction are in play here, and discussing the topic is not allowed?

I don't pay much attention when hank or starman come out of their holes and get a nut screwing around with Gilligan.
And I love to see Pelosi proven the fool she is.