Jorge gets deported :sob: :cry: :boohoo:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The loss of this stellar landscaper could tank the US economy. Let me add, adios.

After 30 years of living in the United States, Jorge Garcia, a 39-year-old landscaper from Lincoln Park, Mich., was deported on the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday to Mexico, a move his supporters say is another example of immigrants being unfairly targeted under the Trump administration.

Jorge Garcia had been facing an order of removal from immigration courts since 2009, but under the previous administration, he had been given stays of removal. Because of the Trump administration's crackdown on immigration, in November Jorge Garcia was ordered to return to Mexico.

you do know you can take the wife and kids with you

Interesting thing about his case.... he and his wife were in constant contact with INS for years, doing everything they asked, keeping in contact, not breaking the rules just to avoid this scenario. He's getting deported because they knew who he was and where he was. Easy target.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Interesting thing about his case.... he and his wife were in constant contact with INS for years, doing everything they asked, keeping in contact, not breaking the rules just to avoid this scenario. He's getting deported because they knew who he was and where he was. Easy target.

Sorta puts any central database/registration in a different light doesn't it? I bet Jorge underwent a background check too.

Monello

PREMO Member

He was also ordered for deportation in 2009. He never left.

There's a new sheriff in town now.

That is the problem with all these bandaid fixes. It never really resolves the problem. When Reagan legalized 4 million illegals in 1986, that was supposed to be the end of it. But they never cracked down so millions more snuck in, hoping to get the same deal.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

He should have started the naturalization process in 1997 when he turned 18. Most likely would have been a different scenario. One should always handle personal matters in a timely manner.

glhs837

Power with Control
another example of immigrants being unfairly targeted under the Trump administration.

What kind of immigrants? (bobcatgoldwaitewhisper) What kind of immigrants did you say? (bobcatgoldwaitescream) FREAKIN ILLEGAL ONES!!!!!!

Hijinx

What kind of immigrants? (bobcatgoldwaitewhisper) What kind of immigrants did you say? (bobcatgoldwaitescream) FREAKIN ILLEGAL ONES!!!!!!

30 years Did he make any attempt to become a citizen?

I don't know the rules ,but if he was here for 30 years couldn't he make some attempt to become naturalized?

Monello

PREMO Member
The rest of the story, as Paul Harvey was fond of saying

In the video they claim George has no reported criminal record.

But after further review, it appears he does. Dude had a felony conviction for possession with intent to distribute or as they say in my neighborhood, he's a drug dealer.

Petitioner Jorge Garcia faces removal to Mexico, his home country. Although he applied for cancellation of removal, the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) determined that he is ineligible for this relief because his state drug conviction for the attempted possession of marihuana with the intent to deliver the drug constitutes an aggravated felony under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). The BIA ruled that his state conviction is an aggravated felony because it corresponds to a felony drug crime under federal law.

The wife has earned $50,000 so far with her go fund me page. That will buy a lot of plane tickets to Mexico.

littlelady

God bless the USA

But after further review, it appears he does. Dude had a felony conviction for possession with intent to distribute or as they say in my neighborhood, he's a drug dealer.

The wife has earned $50,000 so far with her go fund me page. That will buy a lot of plane tickets to Mexico.

Lobotomies cause many to donate to GoFundMe. They know not what they are doing to themselves when supporting this crap. Sad for US.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

In the video they claim George has no reported criminal record. But after further review, it appears he does. Dude had a felony conviction for possession with intent to distribute or as they say in my neighborhood, he's a drug dealer.

But it's not a speeding ticket.

glhs837

Power with Control

Doesnt she only need one?

awpitt

Main Streeter
Normally, the fact that he's married to a US citizen would be justification for him to get a green card. But if he originally came here illegally, that wouldn't be enough unless he left the US for a week and came back through inspection by customs. I saw this story on Monday but didn't realize he had a criminal record until now so that would be a show stopper.