ISO Information House Cleaning services

steppinthrax

I'm looking for house cleaning services. I have a 4BR 4BA, 2 stores with basement, around 4K sqfeet. We are looking for someone local to Calvert County. Also, if you can recommend someone that would be good. Let me know how much you pay and the size of your home so I can get an understand of price.

Thanks

Hannibal

We're a touch larger but in the same ballpark and have found that most stand alone people (those who don't work under a service) are going to charge you around $20-$25/hr with a min of 4 hours. And for a house that size, you're talking 4-5 hours. If you're looking for a once-off cleaning (ie - planning to host a party) expect more. If setting up a set date/time on a per week basis, you can likely negotiate a bit with the pricing. We're middle of Calvert but use a neighborhood lady who fills up her week with the neighbors and unfortunately doesn't have enough time for all of them. We do $20/hr - min of 4 hours every two weeks. Usually runs 5 hours though without fail.

SugarBear47

Well I've used Molly Maid but have nothing good to say about them. Do very basic cleaning -dust, vacuum, wipe surfaces. They do not pull out furniture to clean under or behind, I would still have dust balls (pet fur) in corners, in kitchen they wet wipe counter top, top of stove, front of microwave. And they wet wash floors with a wet type Swiffer pad and leave them soaked. Not real encouraging....sorry.