Points and Laughs a CLUELESS New Yorkers

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“Are you kidding me?” said a resident of the landmark JW Marriott Essex House hotel and condo building on Park South.

“I am in shock. You just shocked the s–t out of me.”

Victoria Bader, a dancer who’s been living on West 58th Street for the past two years, said, “How does this happen? We had no warning.”

Patricia Jenkins, who works in marketing and lives nearby, expressed frustration that “the city has a homeless epidemic and there seems to be no solution.”

“I don’t have an answer, but I know I do not want a homeless shelter in my neighborhood,” she said.

Rich Montilla, director of security for One57 and the adjacent Park Hyatt hotel, said he was “concerned for our guests going out in that area — we have an exit and entrance there for guests and condo owners.”

“I don’t know if these gentleman are violent, I don’t know what to expect,” he said.

De Blasio plans to open homeless shelter on ‘Billionaire’s Row’

wtf did NY think they were getting voting a Communist into the Mayors Office

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
They should do this in Hollywood where all the movie people live.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
They all champion the downtrodden....but only if they can do it from a distance.

yes they want Homeless Shelters and Section 8 Housing in YOUR Neighborhood, but live in gate communities with rules against such things

feminists in congress / NOW are all for Women in combat, but it won't be their daughters that are drafted

This_person

feminists in congress / NOW are all for Women in combat, but it won't be their daughters that are drafted

Drafted? They want women to have the opportunity to serve, not the RESPONSIBILITY. How many bills have they introduced to modify the Selective Service standards?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Drafted? They want women to have the opportunity to serve, not the RESPONSIBILITY. How many bills have they introduced to modify the Selective Service standards?

going back ... the idea was Opined about in the 90's
once women were approved for combat, they would be added to the Selective Service / Draft

luvmygdaughters

Yep, its all fine and good to build a shelter for the homeless and drug addicts and illegals....as long as its not in THEIR neighborhood!!!

They should do this in Hollywood where all the movie people live.

Won't work. No one actually lives in Hollywood, they all live in the rolling hills of nearby expensive communities. Which have all been decimated by fire. And washed away in mudslides. They're too busy rebuilding their mansions with insurance money to worry about a homeless shelter.

Hijinx

I have a little experience with homeless and cities.
Homeless do not come into cities and place themselves in the high rent districts.
They tend to go downtown or where they can find steam vents or warm doorways where hey can sleep.
By placing a homeless shelter in a high rent neighborhood all they are doing is forcing the homeess to pass through
these neighborhoods to get to the shelter and then they have to return to their usual haunts the same way;

Place the shelter where the homeless are placing themselves.