Boat slams into fishermen

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Insane. This is why you always wear a life vest in a smaller boat.

limblips

PREMO Member
PFD, all day every day :)

25 miles offshore, anchored, taug fishing, 24" Albemarle. Dude in a 50+ foot Carolina style is down in the salon getting more coffee. Nobody on the bridge. Bearing down on us, we are getting ready to abandon ship, he comes running up from below just in time. Missed us by no more than 8 feet. Hails us on ch 16 to apologize and tell us he just went below for a few seconds. Said he never saw us. We had him switch up to a new channel and had his a$$! Be careful out there, the others aren't looking out for you sometimes!

black dog

Free America
25 miles offshore, anchored, taug fishing, 24" Albemarle. Dude in a 50+ foot Carolina style is down in the salon getting more coffee. Nobody on the bridge. Bearing down on us, we are getting ready to abandon ship, he comes running up from below just in time. Missed us by no more than 8 feet. Hails us on ch 16 to apologize and tell us he just went below for a few seconds. Said he never saw us. We had him switch up to a new channel and had his a$$! Be careful out there, the others aren't looking out for you sometimes!

Sailed over 30,000 miles and almost every problem I ever had was in the inter coastal waterway south of the Georgia Line.

Monello

PREMO Member
Sailed over 30,000 miles and almost every problem I ever had was in the inter coastal waterway south of the Georgia Line.

I don't know how many miles I've sailed. Been in the Atlantic ocean, Pacific ocean, Caribbean sea & Mediterranean sea. We never had any issues at all. I'm gonna guess it was those big guns that kept the ####headery to a very low level.

limblips

PREMO Member
I don't know how many miles I've sailed. Been in the Atlantic ocean, Pacific ocean, Caribbean sea & Mediterranean sea. We never had any issues at all. I'm gonna guess it was those big guns that kept the ####headery to a very low level.

Not the big guns, the gross tons. Bigger boat always has right of way in my book of Mariner's Rules of the Road!

glhs837

Power with Control
Not the big guns, the gross tons. Bigger boat always has right of way in my book of Mariner's Rules of the Road!

My older brother taught me that applied to the road. Even called it the Law of Gross Tonnage. Being in the right when semi is wrong means you still lose. :)

Monello

PREMO Member

The Mark 13 Missile launcher didn't hurt. Lots of bigger ships in the channels around the canal zone.