Study? They have to be kidding!

RetiredCPO

"A bill creating a task force to study cellphone use in classrooms, sponsored by Sen. Joanne Benson, D-Prince George's, was heard in a Senate committee Wednesday. It outlined who would serve on the task force: a state senator and delegate, school superintendents, teachers, administrators and parents".

Don't they have better things to use our tax money and their time on?
A "task force" to study!
Here it is, NO CELL PHONE USE ALLOWED DURING CLASS, PHONEs MUST BE OFF, study complete!

steppinthrax

"A bill creating a task force to study cellphone use in classrooms, sponsored by Sen. Joanne Benson, D-Prince George's, was heard in a Senate committee Wednesday. It outlined who would serve on the task force: a state senator and delegate, school superintendents, teachers, administrators and parents".

Don't they have better things to use our tax money and their time on?
A "task force" to study!
Here it is, NO CELL PHONE USE ALLOWED DURING CLASS, PHONEs MUST BE OFF, study complete!

People who study education and IR (institutional research) may want to see this type of data. See if cell phone use really amounts to poor student performance. Although it may seem like it does correlation does not imply causation.

GregV814

People who study education and IR (institutional research) may want to see this type of data. See if cell phone use really amounts to poor student performance. Although it may seem like it does correlation does not imply causation.

yes, yes of course, we HAVE to study the educational ramifications to see if Jamar's lucid conversation with his boys impedes his ability to get the square root of 36 during advanced mathematics...yup, sure do...

steppinthrax

yes, yes of course, we HAVE to study the educational ramifications to see if Jamar's lucid conversation with his boys impedes his ability to get the square root of 36 during advanced mathematics...yup, sure do...

I'm surprised to see how Video Games have became an education tools and how weed has went from a hardcore drug that only lower-people and ####-heads use to a drug used by upright individuals with medical issues. I'm just describing my growth from the 80's till now. Point is lots of research are done in various things that can relate to other things.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm surprised to see how Video Games have became an education tools and how weed has went from a hardcore drug that only lower-people and ####-heads use to a drug used by upright individuals with medical issues. I'm just describing my growth from the 80's till now. Point is lots of research are done in various things that can relate to other things.

IMHO all the :cds: over weed was just that chicken little

like alcohol if someone has an 'addictive' personality illegal or not illegal they will suffer from drug abuse

and well video games ... online MMO's you have to learn to work together

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Did they do a study before outlawing using them while driving or did they just use common sense to figure out that most people suck at multitasking.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
With this study they're trying to set up a scenario where the schools won't have to buy computers or calculators because phones "can do it all". That's how one school system in the state justified only buying classroom sets of textbooks a few years ago, the students could access the book online. It didn't work out well because they didn't realize that the book publishers still get fees for online access, which never got paid.

Baker12

Of course someone from PG County sponsored this, the numbers in PG County are abysmal. But shockingly, the poor numbers aren't because of cell phones, they are because the majority of students have the IQ of my dog

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Of course someone from PG County sponsored this, the numbers in PG County are abysmal. But shockingly, the poor numbers aren't because of cell phones, they are because the majority of students have the IQ of my dog

Come on now! I'm sure your dog isn't THAT dumb. He/she's probably better behaved in public, too!