How can I stop phone calls?

tuffenuff2

For the past two days I have been getting calls from this same woman by the name of Avery from a homeowners association with 3 things I need to know about my house. The first call came yesterday morning from a Leonardtown number I didnt recognize so I didnt answer well then she called right back- I answered and told her not interested and hung up before she could finish. She then called back a few hours later from a Columbia,Md number - I asked her to stop calling. The next call came a few hours later from a different Leonardtown number- I got mad and yelled at her to stop calling!!! Then this morning it was an Indian Head number. I have blocked the previous numbers but how can I get these calls to stop?????

You can't. But as long as you keep answering the phone, they will continue to call. Screen your calls, let these go to voice mail and ignore them.

steppinthrax

For the past two days I have been getting calls from this same woman by the name of Avery from a homeowners association with 3 things I need to know about my house. The first call came yesterday morning from a Leonardtown number I didnt recognize so I didnt answer well then she called right back- I answered and told her not interested and hung up before she could finish. She then called back a few hours later from a Columbia,Md number - I asked her to stop calling. The next call came a few hours later from a different Leonardtown number- I got mad and yelled at her to stop calling!!! Then this morning it was an Indian Head number. I have blocked the previous numbers but how can I get these calls to stop?????

You tell them to put your number on the "DoNotCallList". From there you report each instance of a bad call.

Goldenhawk

It don't work yet for my Verizon landline.
Hmm... well, if you have reliable high speed internet service, consider signing up for Ooma and ditching Verizon. Much cheaper - even the premium is only $10/month with unlimited long distance - and includes excellent call filtering (based on NoMoRoBo) and blocking whitelists/blacklists.

If you want to stick with Verizon, this may be worth reading too.
https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/consumer-education/robocalls.htm

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
I NEVER answer the phone unless I recognize the phone number - PERIOD! If it is important - they will leave a message. Blocking a call is a waste of time - reporting the phone number to the do-not-call service is a waste of time! The only thing you can do is stop answering your phone if you don't recognize the number. Eventually, they will stop calling. I hope their is a special place in (you know) for these idiots.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Just do this, with your own spin on it

[video=youtube;CuVFcizDwqw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuVFcizDwqw[/video]

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Just do this, with your own spin on it

my wife does this with the callers from India from 'Microsoft' alerting us, our Computer has notified them it has a Virus

nope ... I do not see the start button, where it is at

Popster

Forget the do not call lists. The FCC is so underfunded and is a relatively small agency. They technology of the robo callers is advanced. In addition, even if the big robo callers are brought to court, they just pay the fine and continue. It is a very profitable business. There was an article in on my news feed recently.

Also, the calls are sorted and lists resold. If you never answer the phone you are last on the list. If answer and hang up you are higher on the list. If you talk to them for any reason, you go to the top of the list.

BernieP

Resident PIA
my wife does this with the callers from India from 'Microsoft' alerting us, our Computer has notified them it has a Virus

nope ... I do not see the start button, where it is at

there was Malware that was making the rounds that would pop up a "microsoft like warning" to call a number for technical support.
The point was to give them access to your computer.

I think they are very careful to not use the word Microsoft or any trademarked symbols. Violations of federal law might be minor, but a pissed off Microsoft might get them killed.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
If I may ...

That's like asking how to stop junk mail. Or stopping a tree from losing its leaves come fall. Or asking a democrat to vote for a republican. It just can't be done.

:whistle: That's not exactly true.