About That AL. Voter ID LAW

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A federal judge in Alabama has thrown out a lawsuit against the state’s voter ID law, finding that the law doesn’t prevent anyone from voting because “nearly the entire population of registered voters in Alabama already possess a photo ID that can be used for voting.”

For those who don’t, obtaining a qualifying ID can be done “with little to no effort and no cost.”

In 2011, the Alabama legislature passed a photo ID requirement for both in-person and absentee voting. The law was enacted in an effort to strengthen voter confidence and to reduce the potential for voter fraud in the state.

The Alabama law accepts seven different types of ID, including an Alabama driver/non-driver’s license, a photo ID card issued by any state or the federal government, a U.S. passport, a student or employee ID, a military ID card, or a tribal ID card.

Voters can obtain a voter ID card from the state for free—something that as of fall of 2017, only 33 voters in the entire state had requested. And voters who need a birth or marriage certificate to get an ID can get those for free, too.

In addition, even if voters show up at a voting booth without an ID, they can still vote if two elections officials at the polling place positively identify them.

http://www.southernpoliticalreport.com/2018/01/17/federal-judge-upholds-alabama-voter-id-law/

Despite these voter-friendly provisions, the NAACP and other plaintiffs challenged the law claiming that it violated the Voting Rights Act and the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments to the Constitution. They alleged that it would dis-proportionally affect minority communities because minority voters hold an ID at a lesser rate than whites, and would also supposedly find it more difficult to obtain an ID than whites in Alabama.

well how do they buy their Malt Liquor, Newports and Cash Their Welfare Checks :confused:

Whats a matter Sappy, did you not want to call out this Judge for his Obvious Racism ?
I Mean It Is All About Hating Americans of African Decent ... Right ?

Frankly I would be insulted if the NAACP inferred I was too stupid to get an ID over a bunch of Alabama Inbred Crackers ....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not sure how the Dems have gotten away with using this lame excuse against voter ID anyway. "Oh, it's racist because black people don't have photo identification." How did that even fly for one second without pure outrage? The first time I heard some dummy say that, I was astounded. Then even more astounded when it was allowed to pass without challenge.

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm not sure how the Dems have gotten away with using this lame excuse against voter ID anyway. "Oh, it's racist because black people don't have photo identification." How did that even fly for one second without pure outrage? The first time I heard some dummy say that, I was astounded. Then even more astounded when it was allowed to pass without challenge.

For some reason, the Rs refuse to actually engage with logic and reason. Stand the EFF up. "Ma'am, we will dedicate our campaing workers to helping every single person who needs an ID to get one, regardless of affiliation. We will bring buses down, load folks up, even work with our Democratic fellows to set up travelling roadshows to issue IDs in place". Remove the argument at the source. SO the only possible reason fro you not to have one is becuase you simply refuse to. Like MVA bus we had running around here.