‘Devastating’ FISA Memo Set To ‘Expose’ Obama

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Lawmakers from Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) to Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-NY) have called for the classified memo’s immediate release. According to Fox News contributor Sara Carter, the contents of the memo are so “explosive,” that it could end special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe once and for all.

[clip]

‘SH*T IS ABOUT TO HIT THE FAN’: Ex-Secret Service Agent Warns ‘Devastating’ FISA Memo Set To ‘Expose’ Obama
January 18, 2018 by Joshua Caplan 1193 Comments

22.7KShare 744Tweet Email

The House Intel panel’s passage of New York Republican Rep. Peter King’s motion to release the FISA abuse memo to fellow House members has rocked Washington, D.C.

Lawmakers from Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) to Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-NY) have called for the classified memo’s immediate release. According to Fox News contributor Sara Carter, the contents of the memo are so “explosive,” that it could end special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe once and for all.

Former Secret Service agent Dan Bongino warned the release of the FISA report will destroy the image of his former boss Barack Obama.

“Take it to the bank, the FBI/FISA docs are devastating for the Dems. The whole image of a benevolent Barack Obama they’ve disingenuously tried to portray is about to be destroyed. The real Obama, the vengeful narcissist, is going to be exposed for all to see,” tweeted Dan Bongino

“My sincere apologies for the expletive but #### IS ABOUT TO HIT THE FAN. The former Obama administration’s going to have a lot of explaining to do.”

“Take this check and cash it, the Democrats are in a full blown panic right now over the #Obamagate scandal that’s about to become a nightmare for them. Watch them all scurry like roaches when the lights come on it.”

“Release the memo and watch the rats run away like the cowards they are. Your mind is about to blown, and your eyes open, to both the power of the federal govt, and the vengefulness of an Obama administration hellbent on destroying Trump,” added Bongino.

‘SH*T IS ABOUT TO HIT THE FAN’: Ex-Secret Service Agent Warns ‘Devastating’ FISA Memo Set To ‘Expose’ Obama

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL': #ReleaseTheMemo Trends As Republicans Call For Releasing 'SHOCKING' Classified Memo Showing 'FISA Abuses' In Russian Collusion Investigation

So, what could be in the memo? An educated guess would suggest that the memo shows that the FBI initiated its investigation based on the so-called Steele Dossier, a compendium of opposition research compiled by Fusion GPS on the instructions of the Democratic National Committee.

If it is indeed the case that FISA warrants were requested on the basis of DNC-funded opposition research, that would appear to politicize the FBI in serious ways. Lee Smith of Tablet Magazine correctly writes:

f the FBI and Department of Justice used a piece of opposition research paid for by a political campaign as evidence for a warrant to intercept the communications of a rival campaign—and the questions asked by congressional investigators suggest they did—then we are now living in a very different America than the one that generations of civil libertarians and small-government conservatives alike desired to maintain, and which large majorities in Congress have repeatedly voted for. The DOJ, the FBI and perhaps the CIA would be embroiled in a scandal likely to have long-lasting and sweeping consequences for intelligence collection, national security, and the safety and privacy of American citizens, to say nothing of how it will demoralize federal law enforcement, which will appear to be mired in partisanship and political corruption. Even more disconcerting is the increasing likelihood that the Steele dossier was used as a platform for a Russian information operation, which successfully managed to leverage nearly the entire American press corps and sections of the security bureaucracy toward the goal of encouraging Americans to rip their own country apart.

Grumpy

This is getting good.

Funny thing is, the memo was open to be read by the whole House..and now the Dems are saying it's a bunch of hogwash. Funny thing is, and I don't know if it's the truth, I've seen a few reports that no Dem dared to read the memo.

Hijinx

'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL': #ReleaseTheMemo Trends As Republicans Call For Releasing 'SHOCKING' Classified Memo Showing 'FISA Abuses' In Russian Collusion Investigation

So, what could be in the memo? An educated guess would suggest that the memo shows that the FBI initiated its investigation based on the so-called Steele Dossier, a compendium of opposition research compiled by Fusion GPS on the instructions of the Democratic National Committee.

If it is indeed the case that FISA warrants were requested on the basis of DNC-funded opposition research, that would appear to politicize the FBI in serious ways. Lee Smith of Tablet Magazine correctly writes:

f the FBI and Department of Justice used a piece of opposition research paid for by a political campaign as evidence for a warrant to intercept the communications of a rival campaign—and the questions asked by congressional investigators suggest they did—then we are now living in a very different America than the one that generations of civil libertarians and small-government conservatives alike desired to maintain, and which large majorities in Congress have repeatedly voted for. The DOJ, the FBI and perhaps the CIA would be embroiled in a scandal likely to have long-lasting and sweeping consequences for intelligence collection, national security, and the safety and privacy of American citizens, to say nothing of how it will demoralize federal law enforcement, which will appear to be mired in partisanship and political corruption. Even more disconcerting is the increasing likelihood that the Steele dossier was used as a platform for a Russian information operation, which successfully managed to leverage nearly the entire American press corps and sections of the security bureaucracy toward the goal of encouraging Americans to rip their own country apart.

I wouldn't bet the farm on any of this coming out or on anyone facing arrest.
I have seen things like this slide to often to believe anything of substance will come out of it.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Fox has been reporting on this for two days. The other networks haven't touched it.

At this point, with all the other "smoking guns" republicans have claimed they had, that turned out to be nothing, I'll just wait to see the facts as they come out and not assume this has any meaning at all. Certainly many of us have suspected the fix was in with this dossier and the special council investigation. But every time these people come out with a new revelation, I am at a point where I just go :ohwell:

Hijinx

How convenient this comes after Congress votes to expand FISA powers. Gaetz is all over Fox, getting his air time, yet voted to extend and expand FISA spying powers.
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2018/roll016.xml

Now he wants to act like "omg, the govt. used its powers for bad! Can you believe it!?".

I wouldn't worry too much about it. The Government will do as hey like---like they always have.
We really have no control, we only think we do.

PsyOps

Pixelated
How convenient this comes after Congress votes to expand FISA powers. Gaetz is all over Fox, getting his air time, yet voted to extend and expand FISA spying powers.
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2018/roll016.xml

Now he wants to act like "omg, the govt. used its powers for bad! Can you believe it!?".

Well, you're glazing over the point that, if this memo is what they are making it out to be, people are going to prison. People at the highest levels of our law enforcement were conspiring to keep Trump from winning the election, all while trying to cover this up by accusing Trump of colluding with the Russian to change the outcome of the election. Then, as a "insurance policy", in the event that he did win they concocted a bogus dossier to find grounds to impeach Trump. AND that dossier (loaded with lies) was used to get FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign. This makes the Nixon scandal look like children baking cookies.

Chris0nllyn

Well, you're glazing over the point that, if this memo is what they are making it out to be, people are going to prison. People at the highest levels of our law enforcement were conspiring to keep Trump from winning the election, all while trying to cover this up by accusing Trump of colluding with the Russian to change the outcome of the election. Then, as a "insurance policy", in the event that he did win they concocted a bogus dossier to find grounds to impeach Trump. AND that dossier (loaded with lies) was used to get FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign. This makes the Nixon scandal look like children baking cookies.

I'm not glazing it over (though I doubt anyone is going to jail). This isn't about Trump (no one knows what this memo contains), but about the FISA Act. Something I've had issues with since day 1.

If something comes out that points to your hypothetical, even more reason to think long and hard about warrantless spying on American citizens, but until people realize giving the government more power = bad idea, I'm not going to act shocked. Gaetz is all over Fox blathering about how big of a deal this is, yet he voted to give them that power. Boo hoo.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm not glazing it over (though I doubt anyone is going to jail). This isn't about Trump (no one knows what this memo contains), but about the FISA Act. Something I've had issues with since day 1.

If something comes out that points to your hypothetical, even more reason to think long and hard about warrantless spying on American citizens, but until people realize giving the government more power = bad idea, I'm not going to act shocked. Gaetz is all over Fox blathering about how big of a deal this is, yet he voted to give them that power. Boo hoo.

They're not my 'hypotheitcals', it's what these members of congress are saying, who have read the memo. They are saying it is specifically about Trump and the Mueller investigation, the dossier, etc... If you don't know what's in it, how can you say it's not about Trump?

FISA was intended to be used to listen in on foreign conversation. It's not used to specifically target Americans. If I trusted FISA would be used what it was stood us to be used for, I would have no problem with it. But, through this specific investigation - if the allegations are true - it should give all of us a reason to want it shut down.

But this story is less about FISA and more about how there appears to be this conspiracy set up by Obama insiders to destroy Trump's chances of becoming president. Wiretapping was part of it.

Chris0nllyn

They're not my 'hypotheitcals', it's what these members of congress are saying, who have read the memo. They are saying it is specifically about Trump and the Mueller investigation, the dossier, etc... If you don't know what's in it, how can you say it's not about Trump?

FISA was intended to be used to listen in on foreign conversation. It's not used to specifically target Americans. If I trusted FISA would be used what it was stood us to be used for, I would have no problem with it. But, through this specific investigation - if the allegations are true - it should give all of us a reason to want it shut down.

But this story is less about FISA and more about how there appears to be this conspiracy set up by Obama insiders to destroy Trump's chances of becoming president. Wiretapping was part of it.

They aren't legally allowed to say what's on the memo, so I'm not sure about that. Though I think it should be released, publically. Then Trump should veto the 6-year extension if the memo points to abuses of the FISA Act.

Many things the govt. does are intended to have another purpose, but time and time again they abuse it and we do nothing. We don't know what's in the memo, so we don't know what this is about. "FISA abuses" are about the only thing that has been said.

The reality is, some of the same folks coming out saying how sickened they are about this memo are the same ones who just voted, 2 days ago, to extend that very same program another 6 years.

Hijinx

People at the highest levels of our law enforcement were conspiring to keep Trump from winning the election, all while trying to cover this up by accusing Trump of colluding with the Russian to change the outcome of the election. Then, as a "insurance policy", in the event that he did win they concocted a bogus dossier to find grounds to impeach Trump. AND that dossier (loaded with lies) was used to get FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign. This makes the Nixon scandal look like children baking cookies.

I believe this to be true, and I believe Mueller the guy they have investigating the Dossier and the Russian collusion was part and parcel of the crime.

But I do not believe anyone will go to jail ,be fired or even so much as a suspension.
It will all go the way of the Hillary email investigations, The Benghazi investigation and the pay for play.
These people are high up in the Government and they will cover for each other and do nothing to see justice done.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I believe this to be true, and I believe Mueller the guy they have investigating the Dossier and the Russian collusion was part and parcel of the crime.

But I do not believe anyone will go to jail ,be fired or even so much as a suspension.
It will all go the way of the Hillary email investigations, The Benghazi investigation and the pay for play.
These people are high up in the Government and they will cover for each other and do nothing to see justice done.

There's a reason this is coming to light as the Federal government goes into shut-down mode. This is one reason why the Donks all of a sudden decided DACA is important enough to force a shut-down. By the time things open up again, it will have been forgotten.

SamSpade

I'm not convinced that if they had video of these guys slitting the throats of infants that they would ever be prosecuted.
We never see high profile people convicted of crime.

Starman

I fully expect the president to use his power to declassify this and put out.

There are other legal ways to get this released. Either do it or admit the GOP are frauds and this is nothing more than propaganda.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The reality is, some of the same folks coming out saying how sickened they are about this memo are the same ones who just voted, 2 days ago, to extend that very same program another 6 years.

That ^.

Disgusting hypocrisy there. As usual.