Global opinions Pt II

transporter

At lower altitudes, Europeans really do not like Mr Trump. Mostly, he is viewed as an artless and dangerous bully. Sadly, he is making anti-Americanism respectable. European leaders who have journeyed to the White House express themselves startled by a panoramic ignorance.

https://www.ft.com/content/e69a0c86-fb8e-11e7-a492-2c9be7f3120a

As stated before...kinda difficult to negotiate when those sitting across the table view you as inferior. Of course, everyone sitting across the table from Mr. Trump knows that to get what THEY want and to get Trump to give away everything all they have to do is flatter him. Stroke his ego and he just crumples like a cheap suit.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
As stated before ... kinda difficult to negotiate when those sitting across the table view you as inferior.

NONE of them are OUR Friends .... fellow travelers on certain roads yep, share some common interests ok fine

gonna take one for the team - choose them over us, don't kid yourself

you really think Russia or China or Syria or Egypt or Hamas or Hezbelloah Respected Obama

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
https://www.ft.com/content/e69a0c86-fb8e-11e7-a492-2c9be7f3120a

As stated before...kinda difficult to negotiate when those sitting across the table view you as inferior. Of course, everyone sitting across the table from Mr. Trump knows that to get what THEY want and to get Trump to give away everything all they have to do is flatter him. Stroke his ego and he just crumples like a cheap suit.

Sort of like Obama sitting across the table from Putin and Putin thinking "what a Pussy".........

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Let me just point something out:

If every country hated the US so much, illegal immigration wouldn't be a problem, and in fact it would be nonexistent.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Let me just point something out:

If every country hated the US so much, illegal immigration wouldn't be a problem, and in fact it would be nonexistent.

from you lips to GODS Ears ... I wish they would all go home, because the US Sucks so much.

Hijinx

I don't understand why we should be worrying ourselves about what Europe thinks about the U.S.

Most of these countries are well on their way to Sharia law and the Islamic Caliphate.
Now that's what I think about Europeans.

Donald Trump has no intention of allowing that to happen to America.

SamSpade

I have yet to meet a European who DIDN'T think that Europe was superior to the United States - and it didn't matter WHO was President.

They think lowly of Americans, our culture and so forth. They think we're fat, boorish and stupid.

Trump, Hillary, Obama - Oprah. It won't change.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I have yet to meet a European who DIDN'T think that Europe was superior to the United States - and it didn't matter WHO was President.

They think lowly of Americans, our culture and so forth. They think we're fat, boorish and stupid.

Trump, Hillary, Obama - Oprah. It won't change.
And the overwhelming opinion of many Americans Is that Europeans are pretentious, arrogant pussies.

SamSpade

And the overwhelming opinion of many Americans Is that Europeans are pretentious, arrogant pussies.

"Yankee Doodle went to town...."

They have always thought of us as such.
And we've always thought that of them. Mostly.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Global opinions Pt II

Dude, how old are you? If you have any sense of history you'll know that other nations' governmental leaders disliking the U.S President and the U.S. is an historical given. The U.S. is militaristic, Americans are crude and culture-less, American history is the history of bullying & genocide, blah, blah, blah. All these leaders have ever been able to do (or can do now) is to loudly bloviate that we/US/President is an inferior lot because that's the only card they have to play. One of the only exceptions in all of U.S. history was B.H.O.; unlike numerous predecessors and hopefully successors, B.H.O. - holding a Royal Flush - gave away all his cards and caved to the other players at the table. World leaders didn't say horrible things about B.H.O. because they didn't have to; they essentially always got the better of him. History will judge him as one of the most shallow, callow, hollow, narcissistic, and inept Chief Executives in U.S. history. #JimmyCarterIsOffTheHook

My suggestion is you spend some time actually studying or working in the field of International Relations because, honestly, you don't have a clue. Your comments remind me of the grad students I went to university with back in the 1980s; with complete sincerity they would say to me (someone who stood watch on and witnessed the barbarity of the Inter-German Border) that the Iron Curtain fences inside East Germany were there to keep out the West. The most charitable thing I could say about them was "naive." In the interest of keeping things civil here I'll extend to you the same charitable assessment.

Update: Here's a perfect, recent example of "other leaders' pettiness": http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/01/hatred-of-trump-jeopardizes-u-s-world-cup-bid.php

--- End of line.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I always thought Canadians hated us because that's what they say on the prog news and websites all the time. Then I went to Canada and, at least in Montreal, they like us just fine and they're crazy about our President. I thought I'd have to spend some time defending my guy or avoiding confrontation, but nope. Even their news was fairly admiring.

I'm guessing that this "everybody hates the US" is just more bull#### and lies from the progs. They seem to "report" what they want to be true rather than what *is* true.

Hijinx

Dude, how old are you? If you have any sense of history you'll know that other nations' governmental leaders disliking the U.S President and the U.S. is an historical given. The U.S. is militaristic, Americans are crude and culture-less, American history is the history of bullying & genocide, blah, blah, blah. All these leaders have ever been able to do (or can do now) is to loudly bloviate that we/US/President is an inferior lot because that's the only card they have to play. One of the only exceptions in all of U.S. history was B.H.O.; unlike numerous predecessors and hopefully successors, B.H.O. - holding a Royal Flush - gave away all his cards and caved to the other players at the table. World leaders didn't say horrible things about B.H.O. because they didn't have to; they essentially always got the better of him. History will judge him as one of the most shallow, callow, hollow, narcissistic, and inept Chief Executives in U.S. history. #JimmyCarterIsOffTheHook

My suggestion is you spend some time actually studying or working in the field of International Relations because, honestly, you don't have a clue. Your comments remind me of the grad students I went to university with back in the 1980s; with complete sincerity they would say to me (someone who stood watch on and witnessed the barbarity of the Inter-German Border) that the Iron Curtain fences inside East Germany were there to keep out the West. The most charitable thing I could say about them was "naive." In the interest of keeping things civil here I'll extend to you the same charitable assessment.

Update: Here's a perfect, recent example of "other leaders' pettiness": http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/01/hatred-of-trump-jeopardizes-u-s-world-cup-bid.php

--- End of line.

Who cares what the Europeans think> As soon as they need help they will call us----as usual.

BOP

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
...thought I'd have to spend some time defending my guy or avoiding confrontation, but nope. Even their news was fairly admiring.

My experience worldwide (well, except for the French) has been pretty much the same as yours in Canada: "normal folks" seem to actually admire and like Americans. They generally find us generous, funny, earnest, and helpful. That's why I stressed "leaders" (as opposed to other nations' populations).

--- End of line.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've been working internationally for over 30 years now. More than 30 different countries throughout Europe, Scandinavia, Far East, Middle East, South and Central America..and on and on. The conversations I have with the folks in all of these places have changed remarkably little over those decades. The only common theme, if there even is one, comes from the European/Scandahooligans who think we should wimp out when faced with aggression from any quarter. Like they did..in 1939....

Hijinx

I used to think Great Britain was a brave country filled with people who loved freedom.
Then I see them caving into Muslims and banning guns.
The younger generation of Brits appear as though they will do anything but fight for their country.

And IMO they won't have it much longer.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I used to think Great Britain was a brave country filled with people who loved freedom.
The younger generation of Brits appear as though they will do anything but fight for their country.
And IMO they won't have it much longer.

Korea was the same way in the 80s ... older folks who lived through the death and destruction were grateful to have Americans Present
the younger 'college' aged Koreans wanted the US out of Korea