Amazon hikes price for its Prime service by 18 percent

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Sounds worse than it is (a $2/month increase) but IMHO still quite worth the price.

Amazon.com Inc on Friday raised the monthly fee for Amazon Prime, its fast-shipping and video-streaming service, to $12.99 from $10.99, while maintaining the annual fee.

The company also hiked the monthly subscription fee for Amazon Prime Student members, its service targeting college students, to $6.49 from $5.49.

Existing monthly Prime and Prime Student members will pay the new price for renewals after Feb. 18, Amazon said on its website. http://amzn.to/2mRHs6C

The annual Prime membership fees would remain at $99 and for student members at $49.

Amazon had hiked the annual fee for the service by 25 percent to $99 in 2014.

Amazon Prime is a key growth driver for the company as members tend to buy more from the e-commerce giant.

Revenue from subscription fees that include Prime jumped 59 percent to $2.4 billion in the quarter ended Sept.30.

Amazon's shares were up 1.2 percent at $1,309.00 in early trading on Friday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...e-service-by-18-percent/ar-AAuTIbY?li=BBnbfcL

black dog

Free America
I'm a Prime member, in most cases I'm ahead with free ( lol ) two day shipping by the end of the first full week of the month.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, if you buy it a year at a time, no change. Good, and we save so much on shipping that we pay for it pretty fast.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Prime certainly works well for our family - usually get the 99$ worth in free shipping by the first month or so. The rest is just savings. Haven't tried the video or music services yet - no real need or desire.

glhs837

Power with Control
Prime certainly works well for our family - usually get the 99$ worth in free shipping by the first month or so. The rest is just savings. Haven't tried the video or music services yet - no real need or desire.

dont use the music, ocassionally watch a video, dont use the music.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Big tado about nothing. From Amazon's website: "The monthly membership fees for Amazon Prime and Prime Student changed on January 19, 2018. Annual memberships remain at $99 and $49. If you choose to be charged on a monthly basis, your membership charge will be $12.99. If you choose to be charged on an annual basis, you will be charged $99. Prime Video membership is $8.99 a month." So why all the fuss? Prime away people.