Staff turnover...more signs of incompetence

transporter

In this paper, I examine staff turnover in the first year of the Trump White House, compared to his five immediate predecessors. I find Trump’s turnover is record-setting, more than triple that of Obama and double that of Reagan. In looking at why Trump has experienced such high turnover, I argue he has valued loyalty over qualifications and suffered from a White House that has functioned in a chaotic manner. Both features have made it difficult to retain staff and have contributed to the governance difficulties he has encountered. If history is any guide, staff recruitment and retention during his second year could prove challenging as well.

The numbers make clear that Trump’s “A” Team turnover is record-setting—double the previous leader (Reagan), and more than triple his immediate predecessor (Obama).

https://www.brookings.edu/research/...ver-higher-than-the-5-most-recent-presidents/

So our self described brilliant businessman and supreme negotiator can't fill staff positions with competent, dedicated people? Why would that be? Could it be because the boss is incompetent and is thoroughly unqualified for the job he has? Or could it be because the boss undercuts his employees at every opportunity? Or could it be because the boss changes his opinions, his goals and his policy positions on a weekly, daily, hourly or minute by minute basis?

Yes, Yes and Yes.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
https://www.brookings.edu/research/...ver-higher-than-the-5-most-recent-presidents/

So our self described brilliant businessman and supreme negotiator can't fill staff positions with competent, dedicated people? Why would that be? Could it be because the boss is incompetent and is thoroughly unqualified for the job he has? Or could it be because the boss undercuts his employees at every opportunity? Or could it be because the boss changes his opinions, his goals and his policy positions on a weekly, daily, hourly or minute by minute basis?

Yes, Yes and Yes.
No,no and no......you have obviously never run a business........

Grumpy

Yes, Yes and Yes.

I've noticed an uptick in your hysteria the last few days, hope it reaches critical mass soon. :)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So our self described brilliant businessman and supreme negotiator can't fill staff positions with competent, dedicated people? Why would that be? Could it be because the boss is incompetent and is thoroughly unqualified for the job he has?

so if people are fired or leave its Trumps Fault ?

Hijinx

It's much harder for Trump to find people, because he isn't getting a list of friends from Republicans.
Friends who are owed jobs because of political favors.

Most presidents are all a part of the good old boy system and when they are elected the party has picks for all of the jobs.
That is what is pissing the party off. Their friends didn't get cushy jobs.
Trump has to pick his own and he gets a few clinkers.
If they can't cut the mustard he fires them

With most Presidents the President takes what he is given and suffers with them.
He can't fire them some piss-ant politician in his party would get pissed./

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
With most Presidents the President takes what he is given and suffers with them.
He can't fire them some piss-ant politician in his party would get pissed./

And it's pretty clear that Trump doesn't care who he pisses off. :jet:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Yes, Yes and Yes.
Why is a high turnover on his personal team incompetence? Because that's not the way you'd do things? Can you think of a single good thing that this cycle of replacement may accomplish. I can think of several with my flu medecine addled mind. You, being the big brain that you are, should be able to come up with at least a single reason.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Real leaders aren't afraid to tweak their team. Managers never want to admit they made a mistake and will spin their asses off rather than correct the problem. A leader corrects the problem.

Trump is a leader.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Real leaders aren't afraid to tweak their team. Managers never want to admit they made a mistake and will spin their asses off rather than correct the problem. A leader corrects the problem.

Trump is a leader.

"a REAL Leader" would not have hired unqualified people to start with

:sarcasm:

Sapidus

To be fair in a business environment he would have just declared bankruptcy by now and left everyone else holding the bag.

Oh wait. It’s been a year and the government is shut down.

Sounds about right for Trump

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
To be fair in a business environment he would have just declared bankruptcy by now and left everyone else holding the bag.

That’s funny coming from someone who knows nothing about running a business........

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

No they wouldn't have, their fully funded (from an outside source) with better benefits than anyone on the planet. They've got no reason in the world that they'd even consider tossing in the towel.

Sapidus

No they wouldn't have, their fully funded (from an outside source) with better benefits than anyone on the planet. They've got no reason in the world that they'd even consider tossing in the towel.

What in God’s name are you talking about?

Who is this they?

Don’t you know how often Trump has filed for Bankruptcy?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Another uneducated guesss from you. Boy you are just hitting a string of dumb statements lately.

If you ever owned a business you would not say all the dumb Chit you spout off.....not dumb, just educated by hard work and not sucking off a government entity or a union like you.....

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
What in God’s name are you talking about?

Who is this they?

Don’t you know how often Trump has filed for Bankruptcy?
Wouldn't really expect you to grasp things that quick, "they" is the Trump team and yes I know exactly how many times he's declared bankruptcy. In those cases he's hit a wall and declared to forth past this is throwing good money after bad. His job now has a practically unlimited budget and can test fit several people in those slots until he gets the exact right fit. You can have 20 Mensa candidates in the room, but if they don't get along you swap them out and try to get the concise group that fits and can solve the problems. Sometimes you have to swap out a couple of A listers for some B's just because they make the group dynamics work better.

Sapidus

If you ever owned a business you would not say all the dumb Chit you spout off.....not dumb, just educated by hard work and not sucking off a government entity or a union like you.....

Ok smart guy. Come ask any of my employees about that. I’m sure I pay more in taxes in a year then you’ve made in a year.

Just because I believe in social safety nets for the less fortunate doesn’t mean I need any government hand holding myself.

Sapidus

Wouldn't really expect you to grasp things that quick, "they" is the Trump team and yes I know exactly how many times he's declared bankruptcy. In those cases he's hit a wall and declared to forth past this is throwing good money after bad. His job now has a practically unlimited budget and can test fit several people in those slots until he gets the exact right fit. You can have 20 Mensa candidates in the room, but if they don't get along you swap them out and try to get the concise group that fits and can solve the problems. Sometimes you have to swap out a couple of A listers for some B's just because they make the group dynamics work better.

His job now has no budget as that is exactly why the government is shut down.

That’s exactly the problem. He’s an idiot. And uninterested in and uncapable of leading.